Madden 07 and the d-pad

penguinphil

custom user title
Dec 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
3599-7437-7191-4055
Madden 07 and the d-pad problem

I love Madden 07, there are just a few problems with the gameplay.
The biggest problem is trying to throw to the receiver who is designated as up on the d-pad. I don't know about you, but I really have to stretch my hand to hit up on the d-pad, and because the d-pad is so small, half the time I try to press up, Madden reads it as either left or right, thus throwing it to the wrong receiver. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
well, i havent had a problem with it, and would it really help if the d-pad was bigger? my thumb isnt really that long o_o. anyways, hope you find out the problem, it is a bigger challange getting used to it, (because of older systems w/o motion control) ex. GCN, PS2, PSX exc....

the biggest problem that i have with madden 07 is when i get to into the game i get to excited i press the b button and spike the footbal

Luv2WiiWii said:
the biggest problem that i have with madden 07 is when i get to into the game i get to excited i press the b button and spike the footbal

ha, yea, I love Madden for the wii because all the controls like that are easier to use. For the life of me I couldn't tell you how to hurry up and spike the ball after a play in Madden for the gamecube, or any other system. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget to take my finger off the Z button when I'm scrambling my quarterback out of the pocket and I try to pass but end up throwing it away.

Last edited:
Luv2WiiWii said:
lmao, i do that a lot with running and dive and it looks like im a total "n00b" so to say.

Luv2WiiWii said:

EDIT:: i meant the Z button, but yea i love the controls i wish is was online playable. I would dominate....sort of :\

Yeah, I have this same "up throws to the wrong receiver issue". It gets quite annoying, as I have screwed up some games by throwing a critical INT when the pass goes to the guy in double coverage when I meant to throw it to a guy who's wide open. The kicking and scrambling I've gotten used to, but I just try to avoid pass plays where I'm likely to throw to the up key receiver.

climbatiz said:
lol, looks like the wiimote/nunchuck gameplay may be too much for some people.

it's not that it's too much, it's just that the design of the controller isn't perfect for the game when it comes to the up receiver.

penguinphil said:
it's not that it's too much, it's just that the design of the controller isn't perfect for the game when it comes to the up receiver.
i wish u could use the classic controler/GCN controler with it so people wouldnt complain so much!

Back