Madden 07 on all-time pro difficulty

frankyk

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
I did quite well on pro difficulty in Madden 07 but for all-time pro, I get beat most of the time.

I have trouble on defense mostly, my pass defense is just crap, they always get these big throws in and my guys are behind the receiver and I can't catch up (anyway to catch up when the guy caught the ball in front of you?).

I try double coverage, pressing the wide receivers, etc. and I still get destroyed.

My offense could use some work also.

Any strategies? I dunno who to play on defense also, it seems the AI is much better at handling my players than I am, I usually try a linebacker who tries to run around and help swat balls but then I get hit with a run. Meh... help?

Take control of LB's is pretty much all I do on defense. Just do a lot of mini camp Game Situations for practice (unlock them by completing the drills with bronze or better). You'll eventually get the hang of recognizing the run, too.

You could try taking control of your linemen as my friend loves to do, though I usually avoid it (not that great at it yet). He played the drills for those guys a lot so he's gotten accustomed to being able to push through the O-line quickly to go for the sack/tackle.

Quick question: When one of those WRs gets that long catch, did you switch to switch players almost immediately? Because I swear it momentary slows down your LB the second you switch to him, even if you hold sprint while doing it.

If they catch the ball in front of your guy, they should slow down just a tiny bit for the catch, in that split second the AI should be able to catch up and make a tackle. I tend to just let the AI handle it if I'm not already there, as I seem to only make it worse =/

Which team do you normally play as, anyway?

Last edited:
Yeah I usually switch immediately, and that slows them down, I'm surprised though that they can't catch up. Some of my players are really fast, or at least they are supposed to be.

I play the Indianapolis Colts. <3 Peyton Manning, not to mention, I'm from Indiana too ^^

Back