Madden 08 Not Online In The Uk?

So this might sound a bit stupid but is there anything I need to know with regards to the rules of American Football? Any fundamental rule? Going to make sure I master the game but never played them before.

Erm dont move forward before the snap but you can move side to side, theres a two minute rule stoppage in the 2 and 4th periods so use them to your advantage. Make sure you know the routes in which your receiving players are running before the snap or by the time you decide where you want to throw they will have moved or been covered. dont know if thats what you mean. sorry if not.

No that's exactly what I mean. 2 minutes stoppage periods, what do you do in those?

The 2 Minute warning is a stoppage in play. This is just a regular stoppage at the end of the 2nd and 4th periods. Nothing is done in this warning apart from the play clock is stopped. Most NFL have a built in 2 minute drill to help them get into field goal range or get a touchdown. In madden it just helps as if your start a drive with 2 minutes 40 seconds left you know you can run a play and let the clock reach 2 minutes and not have to use a timeout. Really it helps the offensive team rather than defensive team. Just use it to your advantage.

Wozz500 said:
Last time I bump this I promise. Everyone in the UK are up out of bed now.
That was at 11:52am...why would anyone be awake, let alone out of bed??

So this might sound a bit stupid but is there anything I need to know with regards to the rules of American Football? Any fundamental rule? Going to make sure I master the game but never played them before.
Just a quick question as I'm curious...did you buy this game without knowing much about American football? What made you buy it?

Oh my F*CKING God. Why is this pr*ck back?? I went away for a bit and came back and he'd stopped, but now's he's started again under a different name. Or it'll be his friend who's with him. Pr*cks.

Fifa? Fifa?! Fifa?!?! How dare you... play Winning Eleven.

I prefer Fifa...I'll have to see with the newest iterations though. They both sound very, very good.

I wanted a challenge, learning about a new game. I knew some basics about it but that's it. Got to say what i've seen I like. I'm definately getting Fifa though as you can't beat it.

Fair do's, I was just wondering...oh i Fifa is brilliant, I just hope this one, like, 'works', what with the controls and that.

I heard the new controls work perfectly but we'll have to see. I'll have to wait til i get off my hols for it though.

Back