Madden 08 owners

waxen

WiiChat Member
Aug 1, 2007
Hamilton,ON, Canada
Wii Online Code
6011-6618-7899-8426
I'm wondering how Madden 08 is now after a couple of weeks from release. Initially there were tonnes of negative reviews mainly due to the lag for online play. Has this been resolved? How are Madden 08 owners liking the game now? Thinking of buying it myself.
Thanks

Dude, all I know is it wouldnt surprise me. Madden 07 sucked so hard on the wii, I traded it in when Paper MArio came out. I am a big Madden fan.

Buy the game for PC!!!!! the graphics rock, the online play is great, its like $35 new, and honestly, I like using the keyboard (most people use a controller and think it blasphemy to even try with a keyboard)

You couldnt play the game on the wii in a true competitive fashion, because

1).....you cannot make adjustments to the line pre-snap on defense.....by the time the ball is hiked, you are caught on the wrong player whose play you were adjusting (say I want to spread D line out or pinch them in, then pick a safety to blitze, then pick the other safety to back up.....you will be totaly ****ed by the time the guy hikes the ball trying the wii controls. This is what happens before every play when I play on PC, XBOX, PSII, etc., and is an important part of the game).

2)....the controls for passing were bad....Id be screaming "look at this ****???" to my friends, as I waved the controller back and forth back and forth, showing everyone that the qb vision works when it wants to...."see guys, the vision cone is supposed to follow which way i point, so I can pick another receiver, but it isnt responding, wait, there it went....?????"

It is being released here in the UK on Friday and my copy has been posted today so can't wait to play it, love the Madden games and never played 07 for the Wii so looking forward to it, just trying to ignore negative reviews at the moment. Not that people opinions of the game are bad I just want to wait and make up my own mind, think I am going to love it. COME ON DOLPHINS for this coming season, got tickets for the game against the Giants at Wembley so can't wait!!!!!

samt1 said:
It is being released here in the UK on Friday and my copy has been posted today so can't wait to play it, love the Madden games and never played 07 for the Wii so looking forward to it, just trying to ignore negative reviews at the moment. Not that people opinions of the game are bad I just want to wait and make up my own mind, think I am going to love it. COME ON DOLPHINS for this coming season, got tickets for the game against the Giants at Wembley so can't wait!!!!!

Awesome! Glad to hear that. Jaguars season ticket holder here. Yeah, I heard they are having an international game every year now and you guys are going to get a majority of those games. They were even talking about having a 17th regular season international game for every team.

Its ok game. can get to online with it but connection lost when try to play someone. what the deal is there I still havent figured out.

I havnt had any problems with online lately. Normal lag is all I have had to deal with.

Conan the Librarian said:
Awesome! Glad to hear that. Jaguars season ticket holder here. Yeah, I heard they are having an international game every year now and you guys are going to get a majority of those games. They were even talking about having a 17th regular season international game for every team.

I hope we do get more games over here that would be great!! I was lucky enough to watch a game while I was over in Miami in 2005, went to the season opener against Denver which we won 34 - 10 so that was brilliant!!! Hope for more of the same when they play at Wembley!!!

Back