Madden 08 Wii Honest Review

megadeth7

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Hey guys, I have a Wii, and not sure if I should get this. So...I want to know how you guys like 08 on the Wii, with Gameplay, Graphics, how well do the controls respond, and how does it feel to play this way instead of a regular button mash??
How are the mini games just for Wii, and how is the Franchise, and the Online Connection, is it Free, and how are the Weapons, do they do anything like in PS3, and 360 or more like PS2, and one more thing, hows the Gang Tackling, is there a lot of it, or not much?? Thanks guys for your honest review on this.

I just got it and i love it but i really liked 07 as well... i think its way more fun than button mashing because it gets you into it and its something different. The same old buttons are used every year and its the same thing every time. I have not had success online but it is free if you can get to connect with someone. I haven't seen much of a difference with the weapons but I've only had it a few days. I would definitely recommend it man. Anyone that has tried it at my house and has played more than 2-3 games fell in love with it. My buddy just sold his ps3 and got a wii because he liked madden on it so much. Wii isn't for everyone though, some people would rather mash. I'm assuming your looking for something unique and different for a change considering you own a wii. Just give it a few games because it is frustrating at first. It is like learning madden all over again. But once you make the transition from the same 'ol button mashing to the wii controls you'll love it. Hope this helps! :lol:

I've had the game only a few days, but I'm having a good time with it. I never owned a previous version of Madden so I have nothing to compare it to, either positively or negatively. I think a lot of people's negative reviews are colored by impressions of an earlier version. After just a few hours of practice on "Learn Madden" and a game I feel like I've improved, yet I know there's more to learn, which is what will keep me coming back to play more. I can't wait to get some people over for party mode!

One thing about Party Mode that threw me off--I expected to be able to connect the additional WiiMotes through the game itself, just like WiiSports, but never could find a way so I ended up just hitting the red sync buttons, which of course got everything running. Shows ya what a noob I am! But then, we've never done multiplayer with anything but WiiSports before.

So--buy it and have yourself a blast!

Last edited:
well i really enjoy playing 08, so i searched madden on youtube, and got this ridiculously funny video, i think you madden fans will like it

go to this thread first, then youll find the link

zapasant93 said:
well i really enjoy playing 08, so i searched madden on youtube, and got this ridiculously funny video, i think you madden fans will like it

go to this thread first, then youll find the link

Do what now? I'm thinking you forgot a link somewhere.

Back