Madden 08

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Hi, I just purchased madden 08 and I'm having problems passing the ball to my intended receiver. The ball usually goes to the wrong receiver. I make sure that I always press the correct button on the control pad while passing but it still goes to the wrong receiver. Anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong? Please help, thanx!

You can try setting the primary reciver before the play by viewing the routes and pressing the reciver. I guess just make sure you press the button and then flick the remote...

i bought that games and im having the same problems, the motion controls for that game suck

I think I might return it for another one, maybe it'll be fixed, anyone else have this issue??

Nope no issues at all. It throws to the receiver I want, when I want it to every time (now if only the receiver I wanted to throw to was open every time)

try pressing the button BEFORE you start passing not as your passing. Doing it that way is gonna get the ball to the primary receiver 99% of the time, and not the receiver your trying to throw to

I have a similar problem, except my QB freqently throws the ball right at the snap, before I even get a chance to pick a receiver. I don't have this problem in shotgun formation, and USUALLY it goes where it's supposed to after that (I'll allow for the fact that I'm probably hitting the button wrong when it doesn't, since I'm pretty new to this game). Can it be that my opposing defense has that good of a pass rush?

To avoid the dreaded snap-pass, try to stop your upward motion slower. When you try to stop the snap too fast, your wrist will move forward a little at the end and cause you to throw the ball right away.

I don't have any issues either. I think theres just something wrong with your copy or your Wii.

After you guys snap the ball, do u keep ur arms up b4 passing or bring em back down then pass?

i do what? which one? anyways, i was pressing the button too late while passing thats y it wasnt goin to the intended receiver. You have to hold n select which receiver first then throw. Thanx for the help. Now I jus need to practice some more n woop some a$$ online.

Oh, sorry I keep my arms up. But that's good that you can finally enjoy the game.

Any of you guys play online? I've had a couple games, but I've been disappointed with the people. I've played 6 games and 4 of them the player has quit like a crybaby when I get up by more than 1 TD. I'm not that good at all, but I beating people who get mad and quit.

I need to buy a router so I can get online, is the online experience gettin any better than the launch week?

bruceleroy said:
I need to buy a router so I can get online, is the online experience gettin any better than the launch week?

It's pretty good. I noticed that when you call a no huddle online, that the ref ALWAYS calls a false start!! It makes me sooo mad. Anyone else have this problem?

Back