Madden07: Questions and Opinions

Jan 31, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I've been pretty patient with this game, but I dont think I like it. All of my friends refuse to play it with me. I am used to playing on the PC with a bad ass computer, so this game is really disappointing me on wii. controls and graphics and even just the menus annoy me. Its not that im unwilling to adapt to the new controls. The new controls are the only reason ive hung in there so long, I like them. When I play with my friends, I have to play on their other systems with wacky controls, so Im used to the adaptation.

OK. I wanted see if you guys could help me with some pretty specific madden stuff.

Do you guys have trouble with QB vision? It seems like when I drop back, 50% of the time, the qb vision registers back and forth over the field. So, in the heat of battle, I drop back, see a guy rushing me, and start franticly scanning my TV (wii sensor) hoping the vision cone will show up. However, the QB is staring off to one side and the vision cone is floating up at about 1MPH. like Im AFK or AFWii or whatever. I can even try this in practice mode, and sometimes im just sitting there screaming "hello!!!!!!" and waving the controller with no vision cone. Ive tried moving back. I even went from a 19" to a 42" TV over christmas, so Ive tried it at all angles and distances.

You notice, its impossible pretty much to move the D-line and then select a safety to be before the snap? It is so ridiculous to spread the line. Point at a lineman, hold A, shift wherever with direction key, then point at safety. It sounds easy and is something I do on almost every play on the pc, xbox, or PS2.

Can you rotate through players back or left? A goes right right right right right through your guys, but on this system, you cant go back back back. just the pointing, which is as easy as heart surgury.

2 player mode. me and my friends just laugh at how, since you have to point at the play you are choosing, the other player has to turn around to not see your play. You are both pointing out the play you are gonna pick!!! there are no cool ways of hiding like on the other systems.

I just got an HD TV. Can anyone tell me if the graphics look any better with those expensive HD component cables for the wii? the graphics look like total ass, but im skeptical of the component cable. $100 says i plug it in and see 0 difference.

thought i had more, but I can always post later. Any thoughts fellow Madden dorks?

Oky first on qb vision, when you throw DO NOT HOLD Z or it will throw anywhere. FOr multiplayer you have to do 1 by one. The first one chooses then the other chooses. And for me the graphics dont make a big difference.

EDIT: If you need help just Private message me because ive been playing madden 07 on my wii for quite a time.

i cant get the qb vision to work either. and theres something you can do as far as picking your plays. it somehow involves the b button. i dont do multiplayer myself, so i dont know exactly how to do it. and the shift on defense are annoying. definitely.

QB Vision- Sorry, can't help you. I'm a Madden player but I don't really dive into those extra features often. All I know about it is that how big the vision cone is depends on the QB (Official site used Rex Grossman and Brady as their extremes). I'll try it sometime and get back to you.

D-line shifts- You get surprisingly used to it. Trust me, I've been where you were. I hated making shifts in formation on the field because I had a hard time controlling the pointer, but eventually you get a lot smoother with it. You get used to it, and better at it, and that's all I can say. As far as making multiple adjustments...well, I screw my friends over with speedy snaps and as far as he knows, there's no defense. You can't make too many adjustments against a fast snap.

Player selection- Like I said in the previous section, you get used to the pointer. Sorry, that's all I can advise. And no, there's no way to go back in the selection.

Oh, but once you and/or your friends get used to the pointer, you can actually screw around with them while they're trying to do audibles/shift, but repeatedly tapping the C key. =P Friend kept doing that as a distraction as I tried to line up for my field goals :).

2-player- Pressing "B" selects your real play, then press A over a sort of "bluff" play. The play you chose by pressing the B button takes precidence. It'll rumble to confirm your selection with B. If you chose the wrong play, just choose a new play with B, as it'll always pick the last play chosen [with B]. Redundancy in this paragraph intentional to stress emphasis and clarity.

HD Cables- Probably. I know the guys at gamestop really tried to say that they noticed a difference when they used them (they weren't trying to make a sale, either, because they didn't have any) while playing Zelda. They only recommended it if you had a bigscreen HDTV, though, saying that there was hardly a difference in anything less.

canadawiilover said:
Oky first on qb vision, when you throw DO NOT HOLD Z or it will throw anywhere. FOr multiplayer you have to do 1 by one. The first one chooses then the other chooses. And for me the graphics dont make a big difference.

Holding Z while passing- When you hold Z while passing it doesn't necssarily throw "anywhere"; it's the control to throw the ball out to avoid the sack and loss of yards.

Multiplayer- Yes, one player chooses at a time. An additional note: (because it took a while for me to figure this out), players 2-4 can take control over the cursor on menus by pressing the + button.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

MetoidZ: That doesnt help answer my 50 questions. I already said Ive played it on every system, so have to disagree.....Pc is the best....

EVERYONE ELSE: thanks, I guess the Dline shifting is just a learned behavior, that I would compare to sewing 100 stiches in a babies heart in 10 seconds.

The QB vision: correct, do not hold Z, it says to hold C to scan. Still seems 50-50 to me.

OH! and one more thing,.........When you guys set your audibles, can you select any play you want? I have a profile set up the same on all of my friends systems with the exact same O and D audibles. On the Wii, some of those plays, on both O and D are not there, and i have to pick something real close.

EX. I am always Jaguars. On D, I cannot choose 4-3, buzz duo, so I chose the CB blitz that is closest to that play. I cannot choose many of my aces up the sleeve.

So I finally got a WII!!!! Is Madden good or annoying? I hear more people complain about it than rave about it.

never played it on the 360. but its lightyears better than xbox or ps2. its just more fun than mashing buttons. also some new cool features.

Conan the Librarian: Just depends on the playbook you're using as far as I know.

Now my turn: How do you do a no-huddle, and what's the quick way to spike a ball? I thought you tap B to do a no-huddle but when I did...I think it set itself up for a spike. Snapped the ball before I noticed it wasn't running the same play. Tried to get rid of the ball but all the QB did was pump fake (no primary receiver for the play). Eventually managed to throw away the ball but almost got sacked in the process.

Also, did you find any way to change the play when the kicker is on the field?

bigmex44 said:
Whats great about it? How much better is it on WII vs. 360?

I've never tried it on the 360, but coming from friends who have played on multiple consoles: the wii version was slightly more enjoyable. Graphics on the wii are inferior to any counterpart, but it offers more for gameplay, as if you expected anything else. It takes a while to get adjusted to it, but after a while I feel more comfortable playing it with the wiimote than with conventional remotes. That's just my opinion, though.

I like multiplayer far more on the wii than on any other console, to say the least. 2 on 2 offers some of that nice backyard game rivalry kind of thing and kicking combine is simply crazy. Can't say much for Y.A.C. attack though, couldn't get all that into it.

Wow, bumped to the third page.

Anyway, can anyone tell me? How do you go to a no-huddle and how do you go to a no-huddle for a quick spike play?

gfx suck ass on wii with madden. hope 08 they actually try and just dont port the gcube version.

Back