MadWorld broke my wii....

scheckyboy

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2009
Although I'll be the first to admit I'm a novice with Wii hardware, I don't know where else to turn to after my chipped Wii has stopped reading discs (official Wii ones, copied Wii ones, official Gamecube ones etc).

It took a long time to run the system update properly on the first insertion of a brand new official MadWorld disc, but after about 3 hours of play, during a loading screen, it decides to pack in and tell me 'error message. unable to read disc, please turn off power' blah blah blah. Now it won't even read a disc at all, it just says on the disc channel 'consult Wii operations manual for troubleshooting'.

:sad:

First rule of thumb: don't be a cheapass and just buy an unmodified Wii.

Don't think you'll find anyone sympathetic here.

Its probably because your Wii was modified. Soft modify if you really want to pirate stuff.

Although I'll be the first to admit I'm a novice with Wii hardware, I don't know where else to turn to after my chipped Wii has stopped reading discs (official Wii ones, copied Wii ones, official Gamecube ones etc).

It took a long time to run the system update properly on the first insertion of a brand new official MadWorld disc, but after about 3 hours of play, during a loading screen, it decides to pack in and tell me 'error message. unable to read disc, please turn off power' blah blah blah. Now it won't even read a disc at all, it just says on the disc channel 'consult Wii operations manual for troubleshooting'.

:sad:

play wii games that are copied isnt good for the wii probably. and just buy a unmodified one and dand don't be a cheapass or a dumbass and if you wanted to play pirated games just Soft modify a.k.a homebrew channel.
our wii is broke, Pirating ganmes for wii or gamecube isn't good. plus no1 prolly will care if YOU broke it.

It sounds like you updated your Wii with a different region's update package. (PAL on NTSC-U, or vice-versa)

This happened to my friend's Wii a while back.

Your system is likely either semi-brick blocked or fully brick blocked. Always be weary of updating from game discs. Especially if they are burned, the region of the disc could have been changed but contain an update for PAL machines or w/e. Always use the Wii's online updated if you have a hard modded Wii.

There are some ways to unblock a semi-bricked machine. Search Google for semi-brick blocked Wii. There are some isos you can burn with appropriate updates to overwrite your most recent firmware upgrade.

Be careful though, if you use the wrong region again on a semi-bricked machine, you're screwed completely.

And it's nice to see the loser (Brawny) with a cat with wood up its ass is a douche. Are all 7,000 posts of your as pointless and without any information or help as that one? Don't bother posting if all you have is hate, try helping people. Quality > Quantity, *****. Trolling FTL.

Yeah I feel sympathetic to your misfortune as it has happened to my friend but luckily I was able to fix it. Goodluck to you fixing yours.

That's interesting. I see no mention of this in the FAQ, and there are no obvious Rules threads in these forums that I've noticed. (other than the announcement about reputation).

I just re-reviews terms of policy, all I see is "No Warez" Roms are considered as homebrew for emulators.

the FAQ clearly states "18. No Warez
Posting up and asking for illegal warez is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: ROMs, isos, and game cracks. Violation of this Rule will usually result anywhere from a Warning to a Ban, depending on the offence.
"​

Last edited:
wow.... really people?

Did you read it?

18. No Warez
Posting up and asking for illegal warez is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: ROMs, isos, and game cracks. Violation of this Rule will usually result anywhere from a Warning to a Ban, depending on the offence.

It says no ASKING for illegal software (warez). That doesn't mean you can't talk about it and ask what is wrong with their Wii.

No links were given out, no Roms, Isos or cracks were provided.

There's a difference in asking about what can be done to fix a blocked Wii and asking where to download the latest MadWorld iso. Not to mention, he was trying to play an Official copy of MadWorld.

Now if I'm going to be banned for that, w/e I'd rather not be here anyways.

It sounds like you updated your Wii with a different region's update package. (PAL on NTSC-U, or vice-versa)

This happened to my friend's Wii a while back.

Your system is likely either semi-brick blocked or fully brick blocked. Always be weary of updating from game discs. Especially if they are burned, the region of the disc could have been changed but contain an update for PAL machines or w/e. Always use the Wii's online updated if you have a hard modded Wii.

There are some ways to unblock a semi-bricked machine. Search Google for semi-brick blocked Wii. There are some isos you can burn with appropriate updates to overwrite your most recent firmware upgrade.

Be careful though, if you use the wrong region again on a semi-bricked machine, you're screwed completely.

And it's nice to see the loser (Brawny) with a cat with wood up its ass is a douche. Are all 7,000 posts of your as pointless and without any information or help as that one? Don't bother posting if all you have is hate, try helping people. Quality > Quantity, *****. Trolling FTL.

Yeah I feel sympathetic to your misfortune as it has happened to my friend but luckily I was able to fix it. Goodluck to you fixing yours.
I have had a look around and the problems I am having are relatively unique compared to other people who have in some way bricked their Wiis. I have downloaded a PAL iso, and I'm in the process of burning it to disc. I can still use the Internet channel freely, access the options menu freely, and every other function freely. The problem remains that the Wii is unable to read discs. Does this mean it is fully bricked i.e. beyond repair?

Back