Madworld Craze

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone here who sold/traded their Wii is thinking about getting one again because of Madworld? It's been getting really good reviews.

IGN 90
Gamepro 90
1up 91
Nintendo Power 90
Game Informer 90
IGN UK 89

If not, what would it take for you to think about getting one?

Nope, not in the least bit. Usually alot of games start off recieveing the highest scores they will get then it gets lower. I have never seen a game go from the worst reviews to the best.

Besides it's just an action game just like Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden and God of War. All games that I get really bored when playin them.

Anyone here who sold/traded their Wii is thinking about getting one again because of Madworld? It's been getting really good reviews.

IGN 90
Gamepro 90
1up 91
Nintendo Power 90
Game Informer 90
IGN UK 89

I think that the only game that would warrant a purchase of a console (and at the sake of sounding like a fanboy :mad5:) would be if there was a FF7 remake on the PS3. Hopefully they will make a remake, but I believe the chances are slim. I really don't think MadWorld would be a reason for a lot of people to pick up a Wii; Super Smash Bros. Brawl was a big reason (although not a good one I bet in retrospect for some hardcore SSB fans) for many.

IGN 90
Gamepro 90
1up 91
Nintendo Power 90
Game Informer 90
IGN UK 89

Review scores mean very little
GTA 4 got high marks I hated it
Gears of War got high marks I hated it

Also
Ive not sold my Wii yet but still probably wont get this game right from the off

If I were to buy a Wii again, I'd want to see many MANY steller releases in the next 2 years. Madworld is just another action game that goes a long with many others. It's great and all, but it wouldn't budge me to go out and buy a console.

Another factor would also have to be online. For a game to get my attention for a prolong amount of time, I need to have some kind of online feature involved. Madworld is a 6-hour adventure that would probably be collecting dust after the first playthrough.

Last edited:
Okay if Madworld doesn't make you budge, then maybe games like this would.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961390p1.html

I'm sure this game will probably be around 9.0-9.5 from most reviewers. WiiMotionPlus is going to make everything better except maybe fighting games. I believe that it is the future of console gaming. Analog sticks will be ancient in a few years like joysticks.

I wouldn't go as far as that. Analog sticks still work well. Hell the nunchaku has one. I couldn't picture playing most games without one. The exception being golf games (ew) and minigame collection games (double ew)

But, to what Rival Destiny was saying, the Wii has the Conduit and No More Heroes 2 coming up. Plus I'm sure it wont be long till we see a great first party game from Nintendo, who seems to be keeping quiet lately except for the Gamecube ports. Maybe we won't have to wait long for the next Metroid, Mario, Zelda, StarFox, Fire Emblem, or... dare I say Kid Icarus, Mother, or Pikmin

I've still got mine but I'm not picking this up. Just didn't seems good enough for me to put $50 down. Still unsure about the Conduit though. I may have to get that, we'll see.

Eh, the only reason why I've still got my Wii is for another Zelda game.

This game [Madworld] might be good, but I just can't see it making me play that over the games I have for my PS3.

As for The Conduit that people have mentioned, if it's not better than Killzone 2 then I won't be getting it. What are the chances of that?

Okay if Madworld doesn't make you budge, then maybe games like this would.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961390p1.html

I'm sure this game will probably be around 9.0-9.5 from most reviewers. WiiMotionPlus is going to make everything better except maybe fighting games. I believe that it is the future of console gaming. Analog sticks will be ancient in a few years like joysticks.

Taking away the analog is like taking away both legs of a person.

Bodine, I understand your argument, but it's just a little late. I still own my Wii and I will continue to buy games that peak my interest, but so far...it has disappointed me. I haven't bought a game since the middle of last year and it looks like I won't be buying another for a couple of months down the road.

Last edited:
In essence analog sticks are joysticks 2.0, they're just a smaller version so joysticks never became ancient, they just evolved :p

Back