Madworld Discussion

I put in my preorder today. :D

I really hope that enough people buy Madworld because if other 3rd parties see that a real quality title will sell well on the Wii then they will be more inclined to put the same kind of effort into their games. If it doesn't then they may just keep pumping out minigames and shovelware.

Segas already stated they have a huge interest for the Wii. Thats why they are the leading 3rd party for the Wii when it comes to quality "hardcore" games. Capcom has shown the same intrest aswell, thats why SF4 will most likely get a Wii version.

Segas already stated they have a huge interest for the Wii. Thats why they are the leading 3rd party for the Wii when it comes to quality "hardcore" games. Capcom has shown the same intrest aswell, thats why SF4 will most likely get a Wii version.

Problem is, if Sega's 'hardcore' games like Madworld only sell about 100k, then the other 3rd parties will be able to say that hardcore titles really don't sell well on the Wii and it will give them justification for them releasing poor casual games.

I hope that doesn't happen but there really doesn't seem to be enough people taking notice of Madworld at the moment. If it does have poor sales then Wii owners will only have themselves to blame if all we get is shoddy ports and casual crap in the future.

SF4 would be nice to get on the Wii but I doubt that it would get great sales because it would be out so much later than the 360/PS3 versions and a lot of people would have already bought it for the other consoles. If Capcom had released it at the same time then the lower Wii price point might have encouraged more sales. I'd still rather see them bring Tatsunoko vs Capcom over in some form though.

Anyway, anyone who considers themselves a 'hardcore' gamer in the slightest should buy Madworld.

True. So in short we're shooting ourselves in the foot. :/

Yep, that's why i'm on a 'buy Madworld campaign' right now. Going to get everyone I know to buy it even if I have to drag them to the store! They would be happy that I did though because it really will be a fantastic game.

Also for anyone disappointed that RE:5 isn't on the Wii (at least yet) then they should know that Madworld also features some zombie killing!

Bottom line is buy Madworld or else Jack will be mad and you wouldn't want that because the guy has a freakin chainsaw built into his arm! ;)

basically my project is doin just that :lol:

Something that is really incredible is that Madworld got an 18+ certificate in the UK and is going to be totally uncensored; unlike NMH was.

Quite how NMH was censored there for Travis splitting guys in half with his beam katana yet Madworld got by uncensored when Jack is ripping guys in two with his bare hands or impaling them so that a spike goes through their butt and comes out of their mouth is baffling. It's really great for the Brits that they don't get gimped on such an awesome game though.

Seems that the only place that won't be able to enjoy Madworld is Germany, as it's reportedly been banned there. Still I guess they could always import it from any other PAL region.

Thats very rare for such a gore-filled game right? I'm unfamiliar with UK censorship.

I had to edit my message in my sig. I'm trying to support both of our goals :lol:

Thats very rare for such a gore-filled game right? I'm unfamiliar with UK censorship.

I had to edit my message in my sig. I'm trying to support both of our goals :lol:

Yes very rare, usually the UK gets totally screwed on such games.

Awesome sig by the way. :thumbsup:

Saw a video earlier with multiplayer components, looked pretty good.

I'm still really excited for this game, I love the style.

I'm super hyped up for Madworld, it's all I can talk about!

This game just oozes quality. With the team that's been working on it is like a recipe for pure awesomeness, I mean just look at some of the stuff they've been involved in before - Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry, Killer7, Viewtifull Joe and Okami. Throw in the music composer of Megaman X5, the storywriter of Final Fantasy XII and you end up with Madworld. :yesnod:

Don't forget Condemed and its sequel :)

I strongly recommend that you guys stop hyping up Madworld for yourselves because you'll just end up being dissappointed just like Red Steel. Red Steel was a pretty good game but it was too hyped up so people was very dissappointed with it. Looking at all the previews on the game will also take away all the surprises and fun out of the game, once you actually play it.

Back