Mag

Destiny

Survived WC for 2 years
Mar 17, 2008
PR.
Wii Online Code
3929-2153-1019-2260
256 players in a single online match? Up to 5 hours? Sounds pretty epic.

dat sounds crazy but i heard its good but only for ppl who like 2 run n gun so da good part is no campers

i've been keeping an eye on this ever since GameInformer ran an article on it about half a year ago. it's been looking good and i'm hoping to get it.

Nah, da star. That's like the opposite. MAG is very unlike games like Halo or CoD. It's very tactical and if you try to run and gun you will probably do pretty bad.

The game doesn't really invent anything new, but it's a solid shooter that makes good use of what features it does have. 256 players in one match is an outstanding technical feat, no?

Just so you all have a frame of reference before going googly-eyed at the player count:

MAG leans more toward tactical shooter gameplay over the run-and-gun gameplay that is seen in Killzone 2, Modern Warfare, and Halo.

So while there ARE a lot of people capable of playing at once, it should be treated like a different breed from the typical online shooters...and this can oftentimes be enough to turn off the camp that prefers their Halos and Call of Duties.

Also, it's an online-only game. No single-player campaign.

well i bought this game a couple days ago, even after reading the average reviews it got (70 somthin on metacritic) but its suprisingly good! im a big fan of the sniping. im not too far in im a level 5 or 6 and have only got the 128 player modes unlocked but seriously, i have not experienced lag once in this game yet and thats a first for a PS3 title for me. i'd give this game a solid 8, it needs more map variety though. i could be wrong but isnt it just one map for each game mode?

well i bought this game a couple days ago, even after reading the average reviews it got (70 somthin on metacritic) but its suprisingly good! im a big fan of the sniping. im not too far in im a level 5 or 6 and have only got the 128 player modes unlocked but seriously, i have not experienced lag once in this game yet and thats a first for a PS3 title for me. i'd give this game a solid 8, it needs more map variety though. i could be wrong but isnt it just one map for each game mode?

Well that's good to hear. I'm a bit on the fence about buying this. I'm plannign on buying it in the future, just not really soon.

But I heard there were 9 maps total with 3 variants of each. Sounds a bit slim to me. Hopefully they'll support the game with more variety via DLC. Paid or not, it's just good to have that option available. (Free please? :wink5:)

I've been stuck in lvl. 15 forever. I just got too, uh.. addicted to MW2. Then when I was going to start playing it again, I had to give a really long update and it always turns out as an "error code blah blah blah", so I haven't been able to play it for a while. :/

Not sure if it's like those two, but sure, you do need to have a sense of strategy. Personally, I'm a rapid assault, since I like to rush. I started out badly because I just played to aggressive, but then I started using strategy. And when I get enough respec points, I'mma turn to a sniper, cause the bolt action rifle is pretty badass.

Back