Major League Baseball

Beckett injured? Wow this is the first im hearing of it.

EDIT:: Well i just found out that its only back spasms, and he should be fine for opening day. Although the Red Sox have said they will not rush him back even if he misses opening day. There is no time table on when he is to return. They are just callin it day to day right now.

Article

Last edited:
Well I'm usually watching ESPN at from 1 am to about 4/5 am PST, so I get news that you miss when you're asleep.

Did anyone see Billy Crystal suit up for the Yanks today? Wow that was something. For those that dont know, he signed a 1 day deal with the Yanks so he can play for his 60th B-day. He lead off the game, his at bat wasnt to bad 2nd pitch thrown to him he fouled off. After gettin it to a full count he struck out. But hell i give him a lot of credit just to make contact goin against a major league pitcher at his age. You can check it out at MLB.com.

Bliss said:
Did anyone see Billy Crystal suit up for the Yanks today? Wow that was something. For those that dont know, he signed a 1 day deal with the Yanks so he can play for his 60th B-day. He lead off the game, his at bat wasnt to bad 2nd pitch thrown to him he fouled off. After gettin it to a full count he struck out. But hell i give him a lot of credit just to make contact goin against a major league pitcher at his age. You can check it out at MLB.com.

I've always liked Billy Crystal. Too bad he is a Yankee fan though.

Big_League_Slugger said:
I've always liked Billy Crystal. Too bad he is a Yankee fan though.

:lol: yea although he was wearing a Met hat in the movie City Slickers.

Bliss said:
Beckett injured? Wow this is the first im hearing of it.

EDIT:: Well i just found out that its only back spasms, and he should be fine for opening day. Although the Red Sox have said they will not rush him back even if he misses opening day. There is no time table on when he is to return. They are just callin it day to day right now.

Article
So much for it being only back spasms...

He's to be put on the 15 day DL, and won't even be on the active roster for opening day. Weaksauce. Not too much longer until the Red Sox and A's kick off the season.

It is better this happened at the beginning of the season versus waiting until September for this to come to the surface.

As for my bit of news, no news is good news on Prior, seems to be rehabbing well and has been throwing bull-pen every other day. He said he hopes to be back in the rotation late May, early June, which would be fine by me.

Wow, what a game last night. The Nationals opened up with a bang, Ryan Zimmerman delivers the walk off homer in their new ballpark, which I must admit is a really nice looking place!!! Great game, especially when you're a Mets fan... :D

Now on to the Mets season opener as Johan Santana take the mound!!!

SouthPaw26 said:
Wow, what a game last night. The Nationals opened up with a bang, Ryan Zimmerman delivers the walk off homer in their new ballpark, which I must admit is a really nice looking place!!! Great game, especially when you're a Mets fan... :D

Now on to the Mets season opener as Johan Santana take the mound!!!

:lol: oh yea i was lovin last nights game. The new ball park does look nice, but i cant wait till 5:00pm when Johan will take the mound. Gonna be a great season!

ALRIGHT!!! We are still in the season...lmaooooooooooooo

:/

Haha, interesting. I still think that the Yankees are progressively trying to ruin baseball.

Negative, just thought I'd reiterate it since my original post with that thought was deleted in the data loss.

Back