making high pitch noise

celebi

WiiChat Member
Apr 18, 2012
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Hi! I had my wii since they were first released. Last night it had to pause to read the disc for only a second and it turned back on, didn't happen again. Tonight it randomly shut off and made a loud high pitch noise. The light still shows up, but every time I plug it in it makes the noise and won't load. Is there anything I can do or is it busted? Thanks!!

"Randomly shut off"... As in, your Wii froze?

What game were you playing when all this happened? Have you recently damaged your Wii in any way (namely physical trauma)?

When you turn your Wii on, does it immediately lock up and make the noise? Or can you get through the safety warning screen and/or go to channels before it freezes?

Have you hacked/modified the Wii at all?

No, the screen turned off completely and went black, back to the channel its set to. Was playing just dance 3, no damages that I know of, it immediately locked up and made the noise, and not hacked or modified. I just tried removing all the plugs rather then the main one and that seemed to work though, sorry about this post and thanks too~!

You're Wii is dying out. It's best you send it in before it entirely breaks on you.
At least if you attempt a fix at this point from Ninty it won't be as pricy as getting a fully busted Wii repaired.

That or you can just purchase a new Wii all in together.

EDIT: Just Dance 3 is an awesome game LOL! I play it from time to time. Mainly when I have friend && or family over. ;D

Back