Manhunt 2 is givin an ok

PinkFloyd

WiiChat Member
Aug 24, 2007
Finally Manhunt 2 is ready to go, according to IGN.com Manhunt 2 was just given the ok by ESRB and will be released October 31.

Yeah theres was talk about this game coming out in Q2 of next year, October is just a little closer.

You beat me to the thread but hey here I go:

Today we received confomation that ESRB has been given the go ahead for the reworked versions of the PS2, PSP and Wii versions of Manhunt 2 to be released on october 31st in the US, along with a M rating. Halloween is the night we will be strangling people with the wiimote.

Taken from IGN:

Manhunt 2 Gets the Go-ahead from ESRB
Modified version earns an M rating, with PS2, PSP and Wii versions arriving October 31 in US.
by Matt Wales, IGN UK
UK, August 24, 2007 - Rockstar has announced that a reworked version of its controversial Manhunt 2 has been granted an M rating by the ESRB. Free of the shackles of its original AO classification, the game is currently scheduled for release in the US on Wii, PS2 and PSP this Halloween, October 31.

Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games noted of the decision, "Manhunt 2 is important to us, and we're glad it can finally be appreciated as a gaming experience". He continued, "We love the horror genre. Manhunt 2 is a powerful piece of interactive story telling that is a unique video game experience. We think horror fans will love it."

In its original guise, Manhunt 2 was granted an AO rating by the ESRB, meaning that neither Sony or Nintendo would permit the game to appear on its consoles. Meanwhile, Rockstar is currently appealing the British Board of Film Classification's decision to refuse certification for the game in the UK, effectively banning it from sale in the country.

Rockstar's UK PR team were unable to comment on the status of the appeal, nor whether we can expect this reworked version of Manhunt 2 to be resubmitted to the BBFC in the near future.

Link

I may have beaten you to the thread but you out did me with that post. I've been hyped about this game since it was first announced it was coming out in... July.

PinkFloyd said:
I may have beaten you to the thread but you out did me with that post. I've been hyped about this game since it was first announced it was coming out in... July.

It had to be done matey:lol:

I wont be getting the game but I have been following all the news and such since I find it intresting with whats went on and such.

You blokes in the UK/Austrailia are happy now? lmao

Tails McCloud~ said:
You blokes in the UK/Austrailia are happy now? lmao

We'll never get it:lol:

I am not bothered about the game itself I am just curious with whats went on with it.

When san andres and manhunt were released there was a big thing in the UK about video game violence. Apparently manhunt inspired people to murder.

its good that they made it M now, i just hope they didnt tone it down too much

but i doubt it :p

Well it was weird because AO is a rating usually reserved for game that have sexual content. So all sex is out of the game but I think ESRB where angrier at the violence. You can still assume this game is going to be down right gory and violent.

@Cpt.-The video game violence issue is always dismissed in the courts here (USA) because when people try to sue/etc. for sex/violence in games, it sorta violates the 1st amendment. But that's why the ESRB rating system was made.

Tails McCloud~ said:
@Cpt.-The video game violence issue is always dismissed in the courts here (USA) because when people try to sue/etc. for sex/violence in games, it sorta violates the 1st amendment. But that's why the ESRB rating system was made.

Weird, I dont know about sueing or anything but but san andres and manhunt were on the news and everything and they shocked a lot of people and such.
I dont really see england intrested that much in gaming as other places but those games raised awareness.

Oh and:

MAVAV For the win...

Lmao at MAVAV against wendys. They are against wendys promoting the wii because the wii has manhunt 2 on it:lol:

WoW = on red alert:scared:

Cpt.McCloud said:
Apparently manhunt inspired people to murder.
yeah it did. never mind manhunt though, there was someone in my class a while back who got gears of war taken from him because he wanted to kill people when he was playin it:lol::lol: weird though.:scared:

Why are people so hyped up about this game? The first one wasn't very good IMO but I guess other people have different tastes.

Back