Manhunt 2 Wins UK Appeal

Budo

Raging Clue
Sep 19, 2007
Canadia
Link

Although this isn't a guarantee it will be released, as the BBFC can still appeal the ruling, it looks likes Manhunt 2 will see a UK release at some point.

Excellent news all we need is a release date and I shall be adding this to my collection !

Well, while I like the news that it won't (possibly) be banned, I won't be buying it. Too many other, better games to buy.

I hope this means that we will get our blood back for No More Heroes...

shouldnt have been banned in the 1st place, if parents cant be responsible for buying games of the correct age then they should be shot.

this title should be an 18, i am over 18, i can handle the violence, i'm not going to go kill people, dam, but kids are stupid and may be led astray, but thats the fault of the parents for buying it.

they wouldnt buy hostel on dvd for them, why buy a game.

t121anf said:
shouldnt have been banned in the 1st place, if parents cant be responsible for buying games of the correct age then they should be shot.
Not doing anyone any favours by saying that. Afterall, the whole thing is based upon violence. Saying they're wrong about computer game violence having effects on people with saying they should be shot, isn't really doing gamers very much good.

this title should be an 18, i am over 18, i can handle the violence, i'm not going to go kill people, dam, but kids are stupid and may be led astray, but thats the fault of the parents for buying it.
Kids buying the game wasn't even in question, at least not in the UK. The parent's are at fault if a minor gets a hold of the copy and actually plays it (first strike being ignorant of when a child has a copy of the game, strike two having the parental controlls of the Wii turned off and strike 3 for blaming anyone but themselves).

they wouldnt buy hostel on dvd for them, why buy a game.
Because, much like cartoons and comic books, people have mostly associated these forms of media with childhood, and don't understand the true nature of them.

Back