Manhunt 2

jowii said:
Manhunt had to be the most gruesome and disturbingly violent game I have ever seen, and is obviously geared towards adult gamers (the trailer on IGN even has an age restriction). What makes Rockstar think it will succeed on a system that is mainly marketed towards the non-hardcore crowd and those who have never played video games before?

Of course, this could signal the start of a line of games to attract the hardcore gamers to the Wii, but I have a feeling that its gonna look pretty ridiculous on the shelf at EB sandwiched between Cooking Mama and Mario Party 8.

Thoughts?

So the wii is not for the hardcore gamer? and for those who have never played video games before?

jowii said:
Manhunt had to be the most gruesome and disturbingly violent game I have ever seen, and is obviously geared towards adult gamers (the trailer on IGN even has an age restriction). What makes Rockstar think it will succeed on a system that is mainly marketed towards the non-hardcore crowd and those who have never played video games before?
that is somewhat the goal of the wii, to reach to people who have never played before, but please, please, dont say im NOT a hardcore gamer. Thanks.
Also, what makes you think people who may have never played a game before wouldnt want to play a game like manhunt? Do you really have to be hardcore to play/enjoy a certain game?

Last edited:
Here's the latest teaser trailer from Rockstar - doesn't really show much but then again it's only a teaser :p

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QakkA46GY[/MEDIA]

YES!!! nice one !!!

i am really looking forward to this and any news on the GTA's being released for wii

Slight prob here
The people that mone will have a feld day on this
If it makes you do the killing by hand I say no (I did play the first it was a mess of a game)

don't blame video games for violent behaviour, blame the stupid parents that allow their stupid kids to play it!

The original poster is obviously not smart. IF he were he'd realize that Nintendo is attempting to and actually succeeding at appealing to gamers of all age, backgrounds, and levels. Of course this game is violent. Of course its going to have some foul language. And you know what? I can't wait to see it! The best part is that added with the Wii's new innovative method of playing games it just might be the game that changes Nintendo's "Kiddie games" rep forever. Already thats started to go away. The trailer is pretty sweet.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWaAUOQDB2Q&eurl=[/MEDIA]
manhunt-2-wii-boxart.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, A Rockstar game MAYBE exclusive for Wii?
Is anyone as happy about this as I am? How many games has Rockstar made for Nintendo consoles?

Homesrfan said:
Wow, A Rockstar game MAYBE exclusive for Wii?
Is anyone as happy about this as I am? How many games has Rockstar made for Nintendo consoles?
Not an exclusive cuz it's also coming to the PS2 & PSP, but there's hope for a future Rockstar Wii exclusive.

this game scared the sh** outta me when i was 11 but even now it is still sick and wrong.

MasterJedi2U said:
The original poster is obviously not smart. IF he were he'd realize that Nintendo is attempting to and actually succeeding at appealing to gamers of all age, backgrounds, and levels...

Thanks for your opinion, and for reducing the discussion to the usual immaturity ridden threads all across the internets. Wii thank you.

If you were smart, you would realize that my original statement was not stated in absolutes, but in a question format meant to raise discussion. The fact is that the Wii is mainly marketed to the casual and new gamer. Watch the commercials. I said nothing about who actually plays it. Are there hardcore gamers that own the Wii? Hell yes, I am one of them. But hard statistics about who has bought the Wii have not become available as of yet, and thus here is a discussion about it.

In addition, this game is not made by Nintendo. It is made by Rockstar. It is their gamble. True, Nintendo had to supply the license and DevKit to Rockstar to make it on the Wii, but their financial investment is minimal.

Next, with Nintendo's approval of this game for the Wii it is obvious that it is an attempt to bring more of the hardcore crowd in. What is not obvious is its success. Hence, the discussion.

Also, I had already yielded that it could signal the leader of a growing pool of more violent, adult-oriented, hardcore games. Thanks to Maximo for providing a list of those games, but I would add that NONE of those games come close to the brutality of Mahunt. None. Plus, as an aside to Maximo, the PS2's game repertoire was/is by-and-large marketed to the hardcore crowd, with the cutesy games (and eye-toy) being in the minority, and you know it. Go into EB and look at the shelf. Go ahead. I'll wait.

My question refers to the probability of success, not the state of the situation.

More thoughts?

Back