Manhunt II - First Impressions

Stallyon

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50
Feb 22, 2007
Norion
Wii Online Code
2207-7954-7144-9623
Managed to get hold of Manhunt II last night and played it for about an hour....

can i just say that even though I am not deterred by horrific images I can see why the BBFC wanted to ban it....within about 5 minutes of playing my girlfriend had to leave the room because, in her words, if I watch this any longer then I will throw up all over you....she was very queasy indeed and her face was quite ashen....

needless to say I didnt stop playing and enjoyed beating other people mindlessly about the head with a large hammer. I've now found some garden shears - oh what fun I'm going to have tonight :sick:

:lol: sounds like fun...cant wait to get my hands on it

Thats no reason to ban it. they want to ban it so kids don't play it. but at the same time its not for kids!!! it has the same amount of violence that Saw has, but Saw i would see as more realistic of someone trying to reenact, verses a make believe video game that pushes reality limits. Saw is what they should really be banning. IMO

can i just say that even though I am not deterred by horrific images I can see why the BBFC wanted to ban it....within about 5 minutes of playing my girlfriend had to leave the room because, in her words, if I watch this any longer then I will throw up all over you....she was very queasy indeed and her face was quite ashen....

Horrific images? Can you tell me where please. I am way past you in the game and the only thing horrific is that I looked forward to the release of this game and spent 40 bucks on it.

It stinks.

I am a huge horror game fan, loved the first Manhunt. Love Resident Evil, loved Silent Hill series.

I waited and waited with anticipation for this one. Huge letdown.

Poor graphics, not even medoicre storyline, and blurred out kills.

I hear Rockstars next big game will be baseball but the only problem is when you hit the ball it will blank out and you cant see where the ball goes. Would you buy that? This is no different.

Your interested, rent it. I will bet 10 to 1 that you dont buy it. Dont get into the hype Rockstar self generated on this one kids.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
Thats no reason to ban it. they want to ban it so kids don't play it. but at the same time its not for kids!!! it has the same amount of violence that Saw has, but Saw i would see as more realistic of someone trying to reenact, verses a make believe video game that pushes reality limits. Saw is what they should really be banning. IMO

Remember, Saw is a film. It doesn't require any interaction with the user.

A video game is controlled by the player, and they choose how violently they play.

FRuMMaGe said:
Remember, Saw is a film. It doesn't require any interaction with the user.

A video game is controlled by the player, and they choose how violently they play.
i can see that but i look at it this way, Saw is real people even if its acting, these are fake computer generated charectors which puts games in the make believe section to me. i would be more worried about my kid watching saw, then playing a violent video game. Real images vs fake images.

^^^ u both have points, this is just gonna lead to the disscusion we had in the other thread u posted yungblood

cool.....i liked the previews they show on youtube.....its awsome!!!!

and no....im not sick

yungblood6 said:
i can see that but i look at it this way, Saw is real people even if its acting, these are fake computer generated charectors which puts games in the make believe section to me. i would be more worried about my kid watching saw, then playing a violent video game. Real images vs fake images.

Yes but games are becoming ever more realistic. In general, games are worse than films when it comes to promoting violence.

my first impressions of the game were... "man, I wish I had rented this game before buying it :mad2: !" I am very disappointed with the game. Graphics are lame, and the gameplay just doesn't appeal to me. I was left feeling like a sucker for falling for the hype.

yungblood6 said:

Thanks for the info, I may have to check out the game Stallyon.

As for yungbloods comment.

The thing is, Games are what people blame violence on now.
One because its the easy alternative, and two more kids play games than watch movies.

Plus, most theatres are strict about what people can see, at least mine was anyways.
Like I said in another thread of yours, kids get their hands on games more and more easier these days. There are tons of ways to play.

Plus it was edited not just for kids, hence the rating it has, it was edited for being bad in general.
Things many people shouldn't be seeing.

ok i picked this one up over the weekend and to tell you the truth i like it. Yea the hardcore scenes are a lil blurred out, BUT if u notice in the beginning of the game it asks u if u can see the rectangle...move the bar up about halfway and and when the killin scenes come u can actually see them a lil blurry but hey....all in all i like the game.

Back