Manhunt, my review

JohnnyRed

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
Thought it would be much more graphic. The kills are so blurred out you have no idea whats going on, lame.

Yippie I am on level 3 so far and they added a lot of vulgar words and made it about perverts.

I am let down big time so far. I loved Manhunt 1 for Playstation, this is a joke compared to it.

Honestly Resident Evil 4 looks way more graphic killwise and was way more fun then this. This has no rhyme or reason to it other then beating people down for no reason with the same stupid moves leading to a blurred out scene that you cannot see whats going on.

Thumbs down to Nintendo for making Rockstar edit the game, even bigger thumbs down to Rockstar for putting this piece of **** out this way, I would have rather saved 40 bucks and not had it at all.

My opinion, stay away.

what kind of stuff do you do with the wii remote?

Stupid stuff, nothing to do with the kills mostly and then again I really cant tell what exactly is going on with the advanced kills anyway (if you played the first one you know what this means)

You move the remote in and out for one kill, then up and down for another.... I thought it was going to be more, well.... grab around the dudes throat with the nunchuck hand and stab him in the chest with the wiimote. Well its not. The actions in Wii Boxing are more violent then this joke.

The graphics are mediocre at best, and I mean at best. It almost looks like some dude in medical scrubs with red gloves on (supposed to be bloody hands from all his kills). Even the storyline on the first one blows this away.

Its definitly not for kids, more because they threw vulgar (really vulgar) language in it, but thats about it.

I waited and waited and like some dope preordered this because of the hype, well I will not make that mistake again.

Its a waste of time, a waste of a game, and a waste of 40 bucks.

awe, im so sad. ive been looking forward to this game since i first heard about it. **** YOU MSRB BITCHES! you ****ed up an awesome game. just for that im going to stab all u assholes with my Wiimote! lol

ill still check it out, rental maybe, i hope my opinion differs.

awe, im so sad. ive been looking forward to this game since i first heard about it. **** YOU MSRB BITCHES! you ****ed up an awesome game. just for that im going to stab all u assholes with my Wiimote! lol

ill still check it out, rental maybe, i hope my opinion differs.

Hey I hear you and no one wanted this game to be a hit more then me. I am a huge fan of almost all of rockstars stuff but this....

I really wouldnt blame it on the MSRB either, the graphics just look lame, the storyline is not far better, and it looks thrown together last minute, The MSRB might have had a problem with the graphic violence, I have a problem with everything else. Floating like weaponry? Wasnt that like 15 years ago in DOOM?

I really think the first one blows the second one away in every comparison.

Looks like I will be renting this one as well.
Although I wasn't anticipating for it to be excellent really.

yeah the reviews are poor to good but mainly people are saying its not as good as manhunt1 in pretty much every way !
Think the main hook for this game for most people was the kills and controversy and seeing as rockstar have had to dumb it down I spose its lost a lot of its appeal .

well I know they had to dumb down the game Rockstar had a rated M copy of the game before hand the AO was just a teaser to make a publicity stunt which worked and made its hype. its art style is pretty good but honestly it looks like a PS2 port which I think is rather sad. Rockstar could of made the game look like Brawl.

I bought it last night while looking for GHIII, and I pretty much have to agree with you. If you turn the brightness WAAAY up at the beginning calibration screen, you can sort of see an arm here and there. The motions do match what you're doing on screen, but they're so blackened out by the ESRB filter, there may as well be nothing there at all. I am a huge fan of the first one, and this is a shadow of the original. I'm still going to play through it and beat it, but it could have been so much better.

In the end, they should have just shelved the game for a year to re-edit all the kill sequences so they were all less violent in general, and the filter wouldn't have been needed. Keep it on the level of what you see in other M rated games like Gears, etc.

Thanks for posting up - sounds like you pushed my decision of Manhunt or the simpsons towards the simpsons side.

the 'ingame' trailers i saw turned me off, i might give it a rent but not happy about not being able to see whats going on when your doing the killing(sounds evil but its what MAKEs manhunt) I hope moh2 has some gore atleast..

wow that sucks, i was looking forward to this game....might still get it, just to see for myself.

Back