March Preview

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Core Games

Sonic & The Black Knight - March 3 - $49.99
SonicBlackKnightBoxUSboxart_160w.jpg

Sonic & The Black Knight brings Sonic into the world of Arthurian legend and offers the worlds most infamous blue hedgehog the chance to become a knight. Using the unique Wii control system, this exciting game will take advantage of both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to offer an interactive experience that any Sonic fans will love. Created by Sonic Team in Japan, this innovative game takes Sonic into a medieval world and arms him with a sword to aid in his effort to save the day. Sonic and the Black Knight will provide Sonic fans with an irresistible cast of characters and teach them all what it takes to be a true hero and the ultimate knight. With a series of missions taking place in stunning Arthurian-inspired locations, Sonic and the Black Knight promises to offer a fast-paced adventure that gamers of all ages will enjoy.

MadWorld - March 10 - $49.99
mad-world_Boxart_USboxart_160w.jpg

Madworld is an inventive third-person action game exclusively for Wii. Produced by Atsushi Inaba, MadWorld has a unique black and white style depicting an incredibly sharp backdrop that straddles graphic novels and 3D worlds. As players battle opponents, they must master the use of various weapons and items found within their environment, such as chainsaws and street signs, while entertaining sports commentary adds to the third-person gameplay. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence, MadWorld will deliver a unique core gaming experience currently missing on the Wii system.

Rune Factory: Frontier - March 17 - $49.99
Rune-Factory-Frontier_Wii_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

From the creators of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for the DS comes the first installment of Rune Factory for a home console. In Rune Factory Frontier, you play as Laguna, who's starting life in a completely new land. Your goal is to build up your village in classic Harvest Moon style (Rune Factory is an offshoot of that series), attracting new residents, and eventually earning the affections of some possible marriage targets. Developed exclusively for Wii, Rune Factory: Frontier features stunning graphics and takes full advantage of the Wii's unique controls to fully immerse players in the Rune Factory universe. Rune Factory: Frontier incorporates an open-ended structure that allows players to choose the type of game they wish to experience. Whether it’s growing crops, expanding the town, fighting (or befriending) monsters or even falling in love, the experience is unique to each player.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - March 24 - $39.99
final_fantasy_CC_eot_wiiesrboxart_160w.jpg

A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero's coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero's joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as "crystal sickness." Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist. Maintaining the intuitive control scheme of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates and enhancing the gameplay experience with an integrated system that allows players to switch between the single and multiplayer modes in-game, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time is set to take multiplayer gaming to new heights as it brings together Wii and DS users from around the world.

Other Games to Watch

Major League Baseball 2K9 - March 3 - $49.99
MLB_2K9_WII_esrbboxart_160w.jpg

New Play Control! Pikmin - March 9 - $29.99
NewPlayControlPikminBoxboxart_160w.jpg

Samurai Shodown Anthology - March 10 - $29.99
Samurai-Shodown-Anthology_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - March 17 - $39.99

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution - March 17 - $39.99
Ready-2-Rumble-Revolutiom_Wii_BOX-temp-ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templar (Director's Cut) - March 24 -$29.99

Major Minor's Majestic March - March 24 - $29.99

MotoGP 08 - March 24 - $49.99
motoGp08Wiiboxart_160w.jpg

Guitar Hero: Metallica - March 29 - $49.99

Don King Boxing - March 31 - $49.99
DKB_Wii_FoBboxart_160w.jpg

hm, i'll be checking out final fantasy.

though i am curious about what wi-fi functions sonic will have...

I know I won't be getting Major League Baseball 2K9. Second year for this, and 2K Sports essentially ignored any real changes: still no online (unacceptable), and no upgrade in graphics. Not sure why they bothered...

Madworld, Rune Factory: Frontier and PES 2009 are my first choice picks.

March is a really strong month for Wii games though and there should be something there for almost anyone.

motogp comes out 2 days before my birthday. plenty of time for someone to get it for me, provided stores carry it.

Goddamn this is a good month. Madworld and Sonic for sure.

Back