Mario and Sonic Olympics..Why the bad reviews?

duke_fan13

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
I received mario and sonic go to the olympics the other day and personally love this game...Why did it get such horrible ratings? Anybody else have any opinion on this, because this game has further delayed my focus on beating LOZ:TP!!

You are probably just into Minigame style games. The game sucks, I saw my cousin playing it and I tried it for few minutes and it was too boring for me.

You also go Raving Rabbids and Mario Party 8 so I guess you like those types of games.

But it delayed you from playing Zelda?! Wow thats crazy...

Raving Rabbids is awesome. so's MP.
the reason is that critics dont like minigame games.

I think reviewers are just tired of minigame collections. I've never played the game though so I can't add my opinion.

Yeah the Wii has an unhealthy amount of Mini Games, so this could be the reason it gets bad reviews. I guess people are sick of seeing more of these titles flood to the Wii and people want full blown titles.

As for mini games like Raving Rabbids etc I like them. There is nothing better than having a few mates round open a few beers, get a little drunk then try to play them. It will always have you laughing.

I've often found that professional reviewers (or even people who post user reviews in places like gamerankings) play video games WAY more than I do and as such have a lot different taste in games.

I still find reviews helpful but mostly from seeing what the reviewer lists as pros and cons rather than looking at any sort of score. For example, I'm holding off on the new Bomberman. Not because of the low scores it got but because I noticed a lot of reviewers complaining about the tiered march through the mini games and how the computer is way too good to be able to get through the puzzles without drilling on them over and over. I'm not going to pay $30 just for a new battle mode, especially when it's limited to a measly 4 players. I'll keep my 10 player (8 for most levels) Saturn version around for party gaming. If it were more casual about the mini games or (not holding my breath) had a 2D single player campaign, I'd buy it today. And I'd fully expect the reviews to rank it into oblivion because it's too easy and/or old fashioned.

I haven't read the reviews on Mario and Sonic or played it yet. My sister-in-law has it and loves it but she likes a lot of games that I really don't so I hardly trust her opinion.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know any sites where the reviewers cater a bit more to the non-hardcore crowd?

Meh i got Mario and sonic Olympics for xmas and it was ok in my opinion, though its tiring and well boring if you play one player, but great multiplayer.

The reason I have so many multiplayer games is that my house is the place to be before/after basketball games for my team, so i have to have good entertainment!

Back