Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mario and Sonic Olympics..Why the bad reviews?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by duke_fan13, Feb 1, 2008.

1. duke_fan13

duke_fan13 WiiChat Member

I received mario and sonic go to the olympics the other day and personally love this game...Why did it get such horrible ratings? Anybody else have any opinion on this, because this game has further delayed my focus on beating LOZ:TP!!

2. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

You are probably just into Minigame style games. The game sucks, I saw my cousin playing it and I tried it for few minutes and it was too boring for me.

You also go Raving Rabbids and Mario Party 8 so I guess you like those types of games.

But it delayed you from playing Zelda?! Wow thats crazy...

3. neveragain

neveragain 40th member of WFC.

Raving Rabbids is awesome. so's MP.
    the reason is that critics dont like minigame games.

4. Eagles

Eagles WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5207-2685-9420-8549
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I think reviewers are just tired of minigame collections. I've never played the game though so I can't add my opinion.

5. *Gymnast*

*Gymnast* Wii rocks!

i didnt know that it had bad reviews.. i like it... but it should have had online play! they really dropped the ball on that one!

6. Luigi man

Luigi man Burger ringz.

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i love the game but i didn't like mario party 8

7. Abernus

Abernus WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5075-3223-6702-0680
    5075-3223-6702-0680
    Yeah the Wii has an unhealthy amount of Mini Games, so this could be the reason it gets bad reviews. I guess people are sick of seeing more of these titles flood to the Wii and people want full blown titles.

As for mini games like Raving Rabbids etc I like them. There is nothing better than having a few mates round open a few beers, get a little drunk then try to play them. It will always have you laughing.

8. hal2814

hal2814 WiiChat Member

I've often found that professional reviewers (or even people who post user reviews in places like gamerankings) play video games WAY more than I do and as such have a lot different taste in games.

I still find reviews helpful but mostly from seeing what the reviewer lists as pros and cons rather than looking at any sort of score. For example, I'm holding off on the new Bomberman. Not because of the low scores it got but because I noticed a lot of reviewers complaining about the tiered march through the mini games and how the computer is way too good to be able to get through the puzzles without drilling on them over and over. I'm not going to pay $30 just for a new battle mode, especially when it's limited to a measly 4 players. I'll keep my 10 player (8 for most levels) Saturn version around for party gaming. If it were more casual about the mini games or (not holding my breath) had a 2D single player campaign, I'd buy it today. And I'd fully expect the reviews to rank it into oblivion because it's too easy and/or old fashioned.

I haven't read the reviews on Mario and Sonic or played it yet. My sister-in-law has it and loves it but she likes a lot of games that I really don't so I hardly trust her opinion.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know any sites where the reviewers cater a bit more to the non-hardcore crowd?

9. MztikalAce

MztikalAce exstatic Wii Fan

Wii Friend Code: 3255-1307-9630-5972
    3255-1307-9630-5972
    Meh i got Mario and sonic Olympics for xmas and it was ok in my opinion, though its tiring and well boring if you play one player, but great multiplayer.

10. DstyCube

DstyCube WiiChat Member

Yeah, if you play with yourself, its sucks but with freinds, now your talking!

11. duke_fan13

duke_fan13 WiiChat Member

The reason I have so many multiplayer games is that my house is the place to be before/after basketball games for my team, so i have to have good entertainment!