Mario Cart FOR The wii?

its comin out in the begginin of 08 and it will have online play with 12 racers and comes with a free steering wheel to play with, very good game nuf said

Stalky said:
Where was 12 confirmed? As far as I knew, we were still in the dark about the increased number of players.

I believe the E3 video showed 12 people racing, thats the only source we have...........

I'm so glad there wont be any double-driver crap this time around. MIGHT actually pick this one up.

DD wasn't that bad. It was actually quite fun. I think it was to include the whole LAN network 16 players, without having to overly stretch the game itself (not sure if the cube could handle 16 individual karters all at the same time).

I'm kinda glad that they made it single character Karts though. Hopefully it will mean more characters we can play as.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
I'm kinda gald that they made it single character Karts though. Hopefully it will mean more characters we can play as.

I still say they should make it an option to use double cars in Mario Kart Wii. That would be the best thing for the game. You can either have single kart races or double kart races.

I didn't think it was too bad an idea, I think it realistically did little to change the gameplay. However I could imagine much younger kids it making a big difference for, if only one had to drive and one could shoot. So I agree with sillyhat, it should be left as an option, but not the main style of play.

Sillyhat said:
I still say they should make it an option to use double cars in Mario Kart Wii. That would be the best thing for the game. You can either have single kart races or double kart races.

That whould mean that the wait system whould have to be brought back in and loads more messing around

It should be kept simple

However I could imagine much younger kids it making a big difference for, if only one had to drive and one could shoot. So I agree with sillyhat, it should be left as an option, but not the main style of play.

Did you even play the older Mario karts ?
There was no aiming it was just fire foward or back ward
ONE BUTTON

Like holding down A and pressing one other button is hard
If it is try going back to the Atari vcs/2600 with its one button

I think DD was an awesome game, it added a whole different strategy to the game. People need to stop wanting to play the same exact game over and over. Change is what makes game different and more fun. I definitely think it would be aweosme if they added maybe a DD cup, where maybe there is a set of races that are Two cart races. Just to leave that in there. I want to see 4 players (atleast!) being able to compete in the grand prix. I absolutely can't wait for this game, its one of the main reasons i bought a wii. And was the sole reason i bought a GC.

Okay think about a 5 year old child. Yes it was simple to shoot, but for a five year old child that might be the ONLY thing they can handle. It's not that wild a thought...kinda like what a lot of other games are already moving towards. One setup in the game for most gamers, one setup for non-gamers and children, like the new Madden

Also for anyone that actually played double dash...switching drivers was ridiculously simple and easy, people just didn't like the fact that it was different. It didn't add a whole lot, but it took away nothing from the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for this game. The only MK I have played is on my wife's DS. And once played one on the GC at a friends house... I think it was that DD one.
I really am hoping for a GREAT online for this game.

Back