mario cart

Some interesting ideas here. The Mario Kart series is easily my favorite set of games. They have great replay value in both single and multi-player modes, and the best part is no two circuits are ever the same.

Hopefully they do include online gameplay...from Super Mario Kart all the way to Double Dash, I've only lost 2 circuits total to another player, so I look forward to being able to play against people from around the world.

As for the controls...I wouldn't want them to go through with the "holding the wiimote sideways" bit. I'd prefer to drive/direct and accelerate with the nunchuk...while cycling through inventory/using weapons with the wiimote. I have a feeling that if they go with this concept, you will be able to aim your green shells or overhead banana throws.

well maybe they would make both the controll scemes?

sideways and nunchuck

That would be great just so everyone is happy but I really think it would work best with a the Nunchuk like sentbytelevision has laid out. That would work really well I think.

Mario Kart Wii has to, and inevitably will, happen. It is too popular a franchise not to make one for the immensely-successful Wii.

I think the controller-sideways configuration is the way to go. Steer by tilting the remote, accelerate with 2, brake with 1, fire weapons by pushing any direction on the D-pad and drift with A. Simple.

Last edited:
StevenNevets said:
Nintendo will be making all it's online-type games online.

:ee5k: Really, no way.

Anyhow, Nintendo shoulf not take the Micro$oft route, I would like them to stay unique, and that means taking out online from SSBB. I'm dead serious.

You must be joking...WTF are you talking about? Online is whats going to make or break the Wii. Sorry but I happen to think that online Smash Bros would be awesome. Think about it....huge tournaments. Rankings! Scheduled matches between users on different continents. The stuff of dreams dude.

Hotspur Warrior said:
Mario Kart Wii has to, and inevitably will, happen. It is too popular a franchise not to make one for the immensely-successful Wii.

I think the controller-sideways configuration is the way to go. Steer by tilting the remote, accelerate with 2, brake with 1, fire weapons by pushing any direction on the D-pad and drift with A. Simple.

i really like that control scheme. maybe have B be drifting so you can fire weapons while you drift more easily. + and - could be change view.

MasterJedi2U said:
You must be joking...WTF are you talking about? Online is whats going to make or break the Wii. Sorry but I happen to think that online Smash Bros would be awesome. Think about it....huge tournaments. Rankings! Scheduled matches between users on different continents. The stuff of dreams dude.

no, it definitely is not, games are what'll do it, same with wii channels and new content, but mostly games

but online should definitely be in these games, i dunno what that guy was talkin bout

FR. said:
:ee5k: Really, no way.

Anyhow, Nintendo shoulf not take the Micro$oft route, I would like them to stay unique, and that means taking out online from SSBB. I'm dead serious.

i'll pretend i didnt read that

awhitesuit said:
i really like that control scheme. maybe have B be drifting so you can fire weapons while you drift more easily. + and - could be change view.
Yeah, that is also a possibility. I didn't realise how accessible the B trigger was while holding the Wii remote sideways until I did so last night. Just a gentle push with the left index finger does the job. And it feels very convenient, so yeah, I'd like the B trigger to be incorporated somehow.

Tony hawk on the wii sucks ass. It REALLY sucks ass... As a long time standing tony hawk fan I would advise everyone to avoid this mediocre game. The DS versions are far superior.

As for Mario Kart, I'm not sure if the wiimote as steering wheel is the greatest thing. Tony H downhill really put me off that control method... Hopefully Mario Kart will pull it off better than tony hawk.

I mean its a skateboard! you should hold the wiimote facing forward and tilt it left and right - and flick it up to jump. - not use it as a damn steering wheel. Don't get me started on tony hawk downhill wii sh*tfest.... :mad2:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
As for Mario Kart, I'm not sure if the wiimote as steering wheel is the greatest thing. Tony H downhill really put me off that control method... Hopefully Mario Kart will pull it off better than tony hawk.
I haven't played Tony Hawk on the Wii, but the sideways-controller system works very, very well in Excite Truck.

Back