Mario Game?

spoofrice

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2009
Holton, KS
Looking for some advice or suggestions from people that have played the Mario games...
I am thinking about getting my girlfriend a Mario Wii game for Christmas. She has Mario Kart already and really likes it and she has Mario Galaxy, but doesn't care for it (It is too storybooklike and too much like the 64 version).
So I am considering Mario Party 8, Mario & Sonic Olympics (Either version, but probably the Winter one since it is that season), and the New Super Mario Bros. She probably wouldn't like Smash Bros. Let me know which game you suggest and Why? Meaning give me reasons on why you think she would like a particular game more than another game.
Thanx.

the new mario wii game it's nothing like mario 64 it bring's back old scool super mario world gameplay although no classic control support but still a great game. also you can play simultaneously in each level FUN gamespot 8.5 out of 10

Mario & Sonic Olympic games are s***. don't bother even looking at them.

Mario Party (while i personally dislike the series) is an excellent party game but pretty boring on your own. if she plays on her own a lot then i wouldn't get it.

New Super Mario Bros Wii is like a new version of the old retro days of Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3. it's a great single-player game and a great multiplayer at the same time so it's really an excellent buy.

Coming from a girl, Mario Party 8 is probably the best bet. My friends and I used to always play one of them on my friend's brother's gamecube and had a blast. It was always either Mario Party or Mario Kart. I have Mario Party 8 on Wii now and enjoy it a lot, even if I'm playing by myself. Of course, it's a lot more fun with friends. I just got the new Mario Bros on wii and it's kinda tough, so if she doesn't like Mario 64 or galaxy there's a good chance she won't like it. But if you're playing with her in the 2-player she probably will. Stay away from brawl.

Thanx for the Replys. I guess my options are Mario Bros and Mario Party 8. (Although she might ask for Mario Bros from her parents.) She doesn't play much on her own, usually we play together.

Can you give me more details on Mario Party 8, why she might like it? Thanx.

I never play Mario party 8 but mario & sonic at the Olympic games is stupid, dont bothe picking it up. and SMBwii is the old-school Mario and tagged on to it is a combination with Mario 1, Mario 3 and super mario world (for to ride Yoshi-kicks ass) can't have classical control, can't see why big N went that route, but it plays with the old-school N.E.S ways back in the '80's or it also plays with our new way to play video games: the wii controls personally prefer the wii controls..and they have a deal now at gamestop if you trade in 2 or 3 games of ne system i think, u get SMBwii for only 10 dollars heres the deal GS has on http://www.gamestop.com/trade2

Well I don't have any of those games to trade, so it'd be around $50 for me. I could probably get Mario Party 8 cheaper off ebay. I'll stay away from the Olympic games...

Can someone give me some more reasons why Mario Party is fun?

Thanx.

Mario Party is like a board game you play on Nintendo... It has a LOT of mini games, so it keeps you busy unlocking those for a while. You can play the board game mode, or you can just pick up and play the mini games. The more people playing, the more fun it is, but you can play the computer also. The mini games are neat because it can be 1 player against 3, 2 on 2, everybody for themselves, etc... The only complaint I have about the game is that during the board game mode the "host" spends a lot of time talking, so that can get annoying after a while.

Mario Party is like a board game you play on Nintendo... It has a LOT of mini games, so it keeps you busy unlocking those for a while. You can play the board game mode, or you can just pick up and play the mini games. The more people playing, the more fun it is, but you can play the computer also. The mini games are neat because it can be 1 player against 3, 2 on 2, everybody for themselves, etc... The only complaint I have about the game is that during the board game mode the "host" spends a lot of time talking, so that can get annoying after a while.

Well, it would normally be me and my girlfriend playing, so would 2 players be a lot of fun? Also, what's the board game thing (can you give me some more details on it). I have seen a video of some of the mini games and they looked ok. How many are there?

Thanx.

Back