Mario Kart 64 Question

Hec7875

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
So I DL'd Mario Kart 64 3 days ago so my friends and I could have more 4 player games to play. I decided that it would be a good idea to unlock as many things as posible so everything would be ready by friday (today) but noticed all the stages and characters are available from the start. (I did not know this at first so no biggie)
Anyways there is still something unlockable and that is the mirror version of the stages. I am supposed to get a gold trophy on every 150cc race to win this, but when I win a race and get a trophy, no record of my winings is displayed. SHould I go through the trouble of doing the whole Gold in 150cc to see if it will still unlock or have u guys tried it before?
Also I am unable to go to the options menu (Hitting L)
Also I am not getting any music on the Rainbow Road stage, is this only me?

Comments from users who have this game would be apreciated.

i believe in order to get mirror stages you need to beat every CC to get this...

as for the menu i have not tried this so im not too sure but i will when i get home...

as for the sound on rainbow rd my son was playing and i believe we had the music i will have to test when i get home..

i dont remember if you needed the memory card for N64 or not id assume not cause it was a cart.. but i will see when i get home

JeremyGTS said:
i believe in order to get mirror stages you need to beat every CC to get this...

Yes, I am aware that this is the method of getting the mirro race tracks but my question was "...but when I win a race and get a trophy, no record of my winings is displayed. SHould I go through the trouble of doing the whole Gold in 150cc to see if it will still unlock or have u guys tried it before?"

Thanks for the music reply though, Maybe something screwy happened when I was downloading the game...I will delete it and re-download just incase.

Hec7875 said:
Yes, I am aware that this is the method of getting the mirro race tracks but my question was "...but when I win a race and get a trophy, no record of my winings is displayed. SHould I go through the trouble of doing the whole Gold in 150cc to see if it will still unlock or have u guys tried it before?"

Thanks for the music reply though, Maybe something screwy happened when I was downloading the game...I will delete it and re-download just incase.

ahh sorry missread that... i belive when i completed the 50cc musroom cup race it did show the gold trophy you may just want to delete and redownload that should take care of it i get off work in 30 mins ill test when i get home to see if i got the trophy

I redownloaded it and it works fine, Except I still can not go to the options menu (by hitting L)

i havent tried the options with L
but when i went into mario cart and chose which class i wanted i didnt get the trophy next to the "50cc" but when i went into it and went to select ex "mushroom cup" it did show my trophy... its been TOOO long since i played the N64 version so it may always be like that.

I unlocked the Extra CC like you are talking about. It worked fine on my download.

You may be confused. This game starts with all characters. The one for Game Cube let you unlock drivers I think. Mario Golf too.

i figured out the L for options menu... if you have the classic controller hit the (Zr) button. im not too sure on the game cube controller.

Back