Mario Kart 64

Dreamweaver

WiiChat Member
Apr 13, 2007
East Sussex, UK
Wii Online Code
5133-1980-9154-2212
I apologise greatly if this has already been asked but a quick search din't seem to bring up anything for me. Anyway, I have some points for VC but I'm unsure of what to buy. I already have the other two N64 games available and I've been looking at Mario Kart 64. I've heard alot about it being very fun on multiplayer, but not so much about single player. So my question is: Is Mario Kart 64 a good single player game as I only have one classic controller and I don't have the money to buy more controllers at the moment.

IMO, it's a great game for single player. It's great fun working through the cups and getting everything unlocked. I never owned the game on the 64, just played it at a mates place. I'm definetly enjoying owning this game for my very own. Playing multiplayer is great fun, but single is just as fun too!

Oceanic said:
IMO, it's a great game for single player. It's great fun working through the cups and getting everything unlocked. I never owned the game on the 64, just played it at a mates place. I'm definetly enjoying owning this game for my very own. Playing multiplayer is great fun, but single is just as fun too!
Thanks for both the quick response and the helpful opinion. A few more views like yours and I think I shall definetely be buying it. :yesnod: The only thing that stops me buying VC games simply by how they look is the fact that no matter how cheap they are I still don't want to lose money because I can't get a refund. :lol:

Dreamweaver said:
Thanks for both the quick response and the helpful opinion. A few more views like yours and I think I shall definetely be buying it. :yesnod: The only thing that stops me buying VC games simply by how they look is the fact that no matter how cheap they are I still don't want to lose money because I can't get a refund. :lol:

You wont be losing money on this game! Worth every cent IMO, classic game that everyone should own!

(Thanks for the rep!)

I bought Mario Kart and I'm very impressed, it's a really fun game. So thanks a lot for your advice Oceanic. But there is one thing that bugs me. As far as I know there isn't anything to unlock (Of course I could be wrong!) I start with all three CCs and all characters, tracks and tournaments. I was hoping to start of with worst karts with one tourney and then work my way up, unlocking everything along the way.

Alas yes, there is only one thing to unlock, to do so you must attain Gold Cups in all 4 150cc events. I'll let you find out for yourself what that thing is. I wouldn't want to ruin the fun!

Oceanic said:
Alas yes, there is only one thing to unlock, to do so you must attain Gold Cups in all 4 150cc events. I'll let you find out for yourself what that thing is. I wouldn't want to ruin the fun!
I have to go play Mario Kart now... *whisper*4...gold..150...win..secret*whisper*
It better be good!! :p

Dreamweaver said:
I have to go play Mario Kart now... *whisper*4...gold..150...win..secret*whisper*
It better be good!! :p
Don't hurt me when it isn't:wink:
It's not that great, but it's something to work towards and unlock, it puts a new spin on the courses, I'll tell you that much.

The game is great. It brings back a lot of old memories for me. I bought it. I played a lot the first few days, then it turned into an easy pick up and play type of game. It is also nice in multiplayer, so if you can get some more Classic/ GC controllers, then that would be good...

Back