Mario Kart DLC............

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I as a long time gamer am against DLC, as I have seen games in the past go off line that have had it, now its extra content is lost forever

Still
How things change
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-d...art-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html

10991121-1409070796-361669.jpg

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent.

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014
Pack 1 includes:
  • 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015
Pack 2 includes:
  • 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

I think they should stop farting about and just make a "Super Smash kart", it turned out bloody great for Sonic

Link in Mario Kart?! WHAT?!?!?!

AND STILL NO FUNKY KONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: DLC packs are reportedly gonna be £7.00, as taken from here.

Last edited:
Better add Falcon if his car is in. We need a real @Captain at the wheel. No offense Toad.
I can imagine Sonic just running, or with his karts, or even is air gear. Samus in ther spaceship. Link on Epona (just imagine the flips and breakneck carrot speed).

Costume DLC is happening! Plus extra tracks. I always wondered why my Yosh didn't spit fireballs or shells when I got those items. Or why Mario doesn't turn into Fire Mario with a fire flower.

Why not just mash up every Nintendo universe then? Nintendo Party? Nah, overkill. I don't see it really working out.

The Sonic thing is always a mystery
He can run really fast. WHY PUT HIM IN A CAR!!?
Sonic R kinda got it right

Edit

On this, why dont they have guest karts?
Id love to see some love for Konami Racers

Last edited:
PETA would react poorly to Epona gettin' pelted by shells 'n bombs. Ya know how they are with Mario in recent years.

The Sonic thing is always a mystery
He can run really fast. WHY PUT HIM IN A CAR!!?
Sonic R kinda got it right

On this, why dont they have guest karts?
Id love to see some love for Konami Racers
Too make it fair for the others?
He's the fastest thing alive~!

Why not Excite Bikes?
Kirby? (a la Air Ride)

PETA would react poorly to Epona gettin' pelted by shells 'n bombs. Ya know how they are with Mario in recent years.
But she's invincible. Majora's mask? Anytime you're on her, you don't lose any hearts! Sure she may yelp in pain, but it's worth it if she's immortal that way.

EDIT:
I just remembered the Amiibo things. Maybe they're trying to get us use to it first. Slowly introduce them one by one.

Last edited:
Interesting DLC, I really like the idea of Nintendo and DLC as long as they don't try to rip us off. The early signs are good though.

Apparently the price for either DLC pack in the US is $8. (pre)Purchasin' both as a bundle drops the price down by $6, to just $12. Not a bad price point at all. If I played MK8 regularly, I would indeed purchase it... when it actually came out.

[VIDEO=youtube;VmWzWlMUqvk&list=WL&index=174]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmWzWlMUqvk&list=WL&index=174[/VIDEO]

I hope Bethendo doesn't take this video down.

Back