Mario Kart DS cheating: a few questions

*Gymnast*

Wii rocks!
Dec 1, 2007
playing a wii
Mario Kart DS has been influenced by people using a popular cheat device online known as Action Replay. This device allows the user to modify the game's coding to enable things such as unlimited items (Stars, Bullet Bills, Thunderbolts, etc.), play on tracks that are not playable online normally (such as Shroom Ridge and Waluigi Pinball), and even a code where the user wins the race instantly or rapidly fire shells. Action Replay also allows the user to pick battle courses, where players cannot do a normal online race and are left to wander aimlessly. There are cases where the battle courses can freeze other players' DSs, forcing them to power down and reboot. Cheats such as instant win or unlimited items are the main cause of trouble for online play, where players watch helplessly as they cannot win against the cheaters or they disconnect immediately. There are also codes where the user can enable 150cc and/or 300cc speeds for themselves, making it impossible for other players to keep up.

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_DS

Lat night I played against two Cheaters at the same time, and as described above my DS froze up, this made me very mad! so I have a few questions :

Is there any protection against cheaters?

Will freezing up my ds harm it?

Last edited:
fight fire with fire.... LOL~ (i don't recommend this)

other than that there really is no way

*Gymnast* said:
So do you know how to cheat then?
Teach me sensei

haha
get an action replay? or learn how to Snake like a snake... :p

because snaking will enable u to not get hit by blue and red shells ^^ thats the best way i guess...

Clish said:
haha
get an action replay? or learn how to Snake like a snake... :p

because snaking will enable u to not get hit by blue and red shells ^^ thats the best way i guess...
i have tried snaking and its very hard, but i looked at some youtube videos of “cheating” and action replay DS is exactly what thery were using!! im going to rep you! =] thanks!

I made this thread...

Snaking is not cheating, I love snaking, it actually takes an effort and puts some fun to a game. You can't avoid the actual cheaters who use Action Replay, it gets really annoying sometimes. I'll race you though, don't think you'd be up for a snaker any time soon. ;)

:lol: Once I played someone that raced at Pipe Plaza battle course! My DS froze after I ran into a wall and pummeled into blackness. No, there's no way around AR, and it's stupid that Nintendo does not have a report button inside many of their games.

just on the game? or ds? if i would get it i would just use it to unlock things... like the extra characters and karts, i wouldnt use a million bullet bills... etc. in every race, like the people i played against..`

*Gymnast* said:
just on the game? or ds? if i would get it i would just use it to unlock things... like the extra characters and karts, i wouldnt use a million bullet bills... etc. in every race, like the people i played against..`
Hmm... I heard about this a long time ago, so I'm not really sure. I know it either completely destroys/wipes your DS or your game, not sure though.

Samus101 said:
Hmm... I heard about this a long time ago, so I'm not really sure. I know it either completely destroys/wipes your DS or your game, not sure though.
hmmm... i will have to see about that if im consittering buying it...
If it just wipes your game though you could just “cheat” every thing back on. The only problem would be if it wiped the system.

*Gymnast* said:

Why would you do it anyway?

Back