Mario Kart Exploiters

Frogger

God Complex
Feb 16, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Wii Online Code
9156-1265-6763-2556
I can't find a thread for this, direct me if I'm wrong.

I was playing Mario Kart a few moments ago. I'm quite an alright racer and I approve of snaking, anyone who snakes against me I believe likes a good sense of competition. I don't disconnect, only if I barge my thigh into my adapter or some connection difficulty where 'connection to opponent has been lost' appears. I came across something that was humanly impossible:

There were three racers, one myself, someone with pretty good statistics and someone japanese who has never lost a match with about 2000 wins. I thought they were obviouslya disconnector, but I gave it a shot anyway.

First it was Yoshi Falls, having been in second place half of the race and Toad infront of me about a milisecond the japanese racer got lost after about 10 seconds, I'd never seen them pass me. Suddenly they had finished and I was knocked down to third place, I thought "Hang on" but then I dismissed it and thought it was lag. It happened again in Delfino, and I dismissed it, then it was just me racing for the benefit of the doubt.

Figure 8 Circuit, I thought, and I put my map on a wider view to see how awesome their snaking skills actually were. In actual fact, they never did snake, I was ahead by miles, half way through into the lap I just heard that sound indicating I lost, but he was nowhere near the finish line, he was actually on the bridge which is the furthest point away from the finish line.

Then I lost another race in literally about 10 seconds.

Now I'm not that terrible that I don't notice when people pass me, he actually never passed either one of us, just kept winning whenever they felt like it.

Can anyone explain this to me? :wtf:

Cheaters, sadly (well that's pretty obvious)

I've no idea how they do this, and it's so unfair on other people who just want a normal game..

When I finally got the wifi going I was so happy cos I'd been waiting ages to get it, and then that happened :/

And I haven't played it since lol

surfinrach90 said:

I've no idea how they do this, and it's so unfair on other people who just want a normal game..

When I finally got the wifi going I was so happy cos I'd been waiting ages to get it, and then that happened :/

I've had about 400 or so races and it has never happened before. There's nothing I can find for it on Google either. I still like playing it, since I've never came across it before and not many people know how to do it.

I really don't know how people find out these things :wtf:

Me neither lol, it baffles me..

I play this online game called War Rock, it's a lot like Counter Strike and I see hackers and stuff on there and it just baffles me how they do it :wtf: :shocked:

surfinrach90 said:

Yeah, I was also excited about getting Mario Kart for my DS. I set everything up, turned on the DS and went online.
After a few days, I just stopped playing altogether. These cheaters annoy me to the point that I want to throw my DS at my dog. :lol:

Yeah - same here, another thing I have noticed that is weird, when the race starts a lot of the Karts gain so much ground on me it's unreal!! I haven't been playing that long but surely to get that far straight away it's gotta be hacked.

Great game but online does piss you off when you get sick of being beaten at the last minute from nowhere...

We should start a "no steriod" Kart league :ciappa:

Rolex said:
Yeah - same here, another thing I have noticed that is weird, when the race starts a lot of the Karts gain so much ground on me it's unreal!! I haven't been playing that long but surely to get that far straight away it's gotta be hacked.

Great game but online does piss you off when you get sick of being beaten at the last minute from nowhere...

We should start a "no steriod" Kart league :ciappa:

Some karts have greater acceleration and you can snake as soon as you have ended your first boost, it's common for people to do but can only be executed on some courses with extremely wide barriers.

"No steroid" league, eh? Do you believe that snaking is a form of cheating?

Frogger said:
Some karts have greater acceleration and you can snake as soon as you have ended your first boost, it's common for people to do but can only be executed on some courses with extremely wide barriers.

"No steroid" league, eh? Do you believe that snaking is a form of cheating?

Not really - it's comparable to steriods in body building - only in the fact you still have to put some work in to get results, with 'snaking' you need to learn the technique of course.

The no-steriod joke was just that - a joke. If you can win with the kart you have then why not, it shows a different stratagem to win.

I was actually thinking about picking this game up. How often do you come across a cheater? Should I just wait for Mario Kart on Wii?

sherwood3570 said:
I was actually thinking about picking this game up. How often do you come across a cheater? Should I just wait for Mario Kart on Wii?

You should definitely go for it, highly recommended from myself as one of the best DS games out there. Considering I have played about 400 matchs I say your chances in getting a cheater are 1/400. I really didn't think it could happen to anyone else and there's no coverage for it online, so I don't think a lot of people have recognised it, I was actually surprised with the replies.

Generally, a lot of people don't play fairly, they race fairly, but there are a lot of disconnectors. You do come across a lot of people who have good will and won't disconnect on you.

And you can always race me if you get it. :)

sherwood3570 said:

A while ago I found a hacker. It was the strangest thing. It showed everyone's wins and losses, and everyone had normal stats execpt this one person, (I forget his/her's name) He had about 10,000 wins and 0 losses. We raced, and he picked pipe plaza! Fortunately, it was not picked, and I came in 2nd, and he came in 3rd. Unfortunately, the next time we voted, pipe plaza was chosen. I was thinking to myself a hacker the whole time, but I did not disconnect. The race started and I explored looking for a finish line but accidentally I hit the wall after a while. The screen turned black and white over again and there was no way to go back to the main menu. I had no other option, so I had to disconnect. Did anyone else have an experience like this?

Once when I was playing I knocked someone off rainbow road and I was way infront and then at the end he beat me. Its impossible not to see anyone pass you on rainbow road. Good thing not a lot of people cheat.

Alot of people see these things in instantly screem cheater. Most of the time it is just Lag, On there screen they are infront of you and its the opposite on your screen, So when the connection catches up it seems as though they have some how appeared infront of you.

cannon said:
Alot of people see these things in instantly screem cheater. Most of the time it is just Lag, On there screen they are infront of you and its the opposite on your screen, So when the connection catches up it seems as though they have some how appeared infront of you.

So you think someone picking pipe plaza as a race is a lag?

Back