Mario Kart on Wii?

for now you can always download the N64 version. Still pretty fun after 10 years.

For now you may only play Mario Kart (MK, in short) on the Virtual Console. I've read a couple of development-blogs on this specific topic for some time ago, I'll try to find some links for ya if possible.

And btw, Mario Kart N64 is a MUST for everyone that have ever owned a Nintento 64.... Best thing ever ;)

Didn't know MK was on virtual console. Thanks for the heads up. What controller do you need to play it?

imahawki said:
Didn't know MK was on virtual console. Thanks for the heads up. What controller do you need to play it?

it says you need the classic controller to play. you use the analog stick.

imahawki said:
Ah, don't have one of those yet. Are they more easily available now?

i picked up 2 @ walmart. one when i bought the wii. and another 2 days ago when i downloaded MK for the VC.

there were always a few in stock.

i don't really think that mario kart for the wii will be all that good really..
i'd rather see a mario/diddy kong racing game.. with not just land vehicles but hovercrafts and small planes and stuff too.. that'd be cool...

yeah i'd like the idea the be able to p[oint at the screen to shoot your weapon, but while your doin gthat how would you steer?

and wiitart, you could have re-worded that better it kinda sounded like "a mario racing gmae would probably be better than mario kart" and i can't really see what your talking about cause i like to think the marioverse dosn't have planes, just floating clouds and carpets

i was thinking, an even better game, would be if they get all the people from super smash bros and put them in a racing game, super smash bros kart

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
yeah i'd like the idea the be able to p[oint at the screen to shoot your weapon, but while your doin gthat how would you steer?

and wiitart, you could have re-worded that better it kinda sounded like "a mario racing gmae would probably be better than mario kart" and i can't really see what your talking about cause i like to think the marioverse dosn't have planes, just floating clouds and carpets

i was thinking, an even better game, would be if they get all the people from super smash bros and put them in a racing game, super smash bros kart
Steer with the nunchunk, aim weapons in third person with the wii-mote.

Back