Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Mario Kart out before Brawl in australia

Mario Kart set to beat Super Smash Bros. to the punch

by: Chris Stead 20/02/2008

Whenever Nintendo prepares to fire off one of its big guns into the faces of its millions of fans, it seems like the entire world stops to join in the fun. The company has the finest track record in the industry and is famed for its brilliant game design. Already the Wii has been blessed with Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy and in early 2008 we have all waited in giddy excitement for the release dates of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. Well we don’t have the answer to those questions just yet, but we do have some interesting news…

Mario Kart on Wii could be releasing as early as March in Australia, but will definitely be out before Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

We were informed by Nintendo Australia this morning that Mario Kart would be in journalist’s hands in March, and that it would see its way onto shelves before Brawl. Does this mean that Mario Kart will actually be out in March? Possible, but unlikely given that the game will not hit Japanese homes till April – it does however indicate that we will not be at the mercy of Nintendo’s notoriously whimsical release strategy for months beyond that.

It does mean though that Super Smash Bros. Brawl’s release date in Australia, and possibly other PAL territories, is still very much in the wind. Some reports have suggested that it will not hit Europe until June, some four months away!

So Mario Kart before brawl: that’s the big surprise. Many of us had expected the long coming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which is already out in Japan and which we’ve already reviewed (!!) to well and truly beat Mario Kart Wii to stands. A game that by comparison has casually crept up over the last few months with the odd screenshot leak or brief hands-on. But now it looks like Mario Kart will be out much sooner than its beat ‘em up buddy.

So it’s a case of good and bad news for the Nintendo faithful. Unless we hear otherwise, Mario Kart Wii will be with us in a matter of weeks, but Brawl in a matter of months. Why the Brawl delay? Localisation seems unlikely, as the yanks will be getting the game in March and they more or less speak English… perhaps it is about giving each territory time to iron out the wrinkles of the game’s Wi-Fi feature? We’ll see what we can find out, but expect the Mushroom Kingdom to keep its secrets closer than Paper Mario’s eyes.

In other Nintendo news, an Aussie release date for Wii-Fit should be announced very soon.

linkage

Last edited:
It should be noted that this is pertaining to PAL regions only.

Thats great news for them. Atleast they don't have to wait too long for this title.

I got a e-mail today from Game today saying Mario Kart will be released
in the UK on the 11th of April 2008 priced at £34.99, :cornut:
can't wait, it's just a shame I have to wait longer for Brawl (1st of May according to Game) :mad5:

Last edited:
^To my knowledge, PAL regions are yet to recieve a release date for Brawl. Could the date you're talking about possibly be a placeholder?

K, i was confused for a second about it. I was like "WTF, why would MK be out before brawl?" Then i read the post, and then i wasn't confuseded any more...

HAR HAR! EAT GRASS USA!

Not that they care, they'll be enjoying brawl :sick:

^I'm pretty sure that Mario Kart is going to come out at roughly the same time in both North American and PAL regions. I don't see why it wouldn't.

JT. said:
HAR HAR! EAT GRASS USA!

Not that they care, they'll be enjoying brawl :sick:

are u kidding? some, like me, are more excited about mario kart.

sshhh said:
I got a e-mail today from Game today saying Mario Kart will be released
in the UK on the 11th of April 2008 priced at £34.99, :cornut:
can't wait, it's just a shame I have to wait longer for Brawl (1st of May according to Game) :mad5:

Woot if thats true, MK will be released 8 days before my b day xD

I'm not sure which I'm more excited for, really. Maybe Mario Kart. Either way, March and April will be the cause of my lack of social life. Mario Kart,SSB, De Blob, and some old games I haven't gotten around to buying.

i have mario kart on preorder (at play asia for 30.77 cheap in my opinion and i think it will take time getting used to due to the wheel anyway i think it is good cause it comes out before brawl cause then i get to play it quicker i think that nintendo wants to see how well mario kart does before it releases brawl lol (thinking of gettin brawl on preorder after i test mario kart should be ace):lol:

^...

Again, on a worldwide standard, Brawl is being released before Mario Kart. The only areas in which Mario Kart will probably be released earlier than Brawl are PAL regions.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36075

North America

- WiiWare: May 12th
- Wii Fit: may 19th

Europe
- Mario Kart Wii: April 11th
- Wii Fit - April 25th

The Wii Fit balance board weight limit is 330 in Europe, but no official weight limit was announced for North America. Thanks to everyone that sent this in!

Theres some release dates!!!1

Back