Mario Kart. Wiimote or classic controller or Wheel. What do you perfer?

jondeak

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
This game is the reason i bought my Wii last week....I cant wait !!! Can anyone confirm yet if the classic controller can be used????? I really hope so !!! Some games just arent as fun with the wiimote.....their sometimes less fun and more complicated....Anyone else feel like that sometimes? Im willing to try out the Wii wheel that comes with the game but I can already see the wheel getting to inaccurate and frustrateing during game play. I got my money on the good old classic controller !

MARIO KART HITS STORES 4/27/08 RESERVE A COPY NOW !!!
mario_kart_wii_boxus.jpg

How do we know what we'll prefer if we've never tried the game yet? I personally think Wiimote + Nunchuck looks awesome, but just like Brawl, I'll probably revert back to GCC at some point.

Not sure. Out of all the games I've had so far I use the CC the most. But for Brawl I went back to the GCC. But I'll probably use the CC since it's almost like a PS2 controller.

I don't get you guys using the classic controller so much:confused:. Surely the new controls are the reason to get a Wii.
It amazes me how many complaints there are when a game doesn't offer a classic controller option.
If all the nintendo wii games were being released on Gamecube aswell, would you have even bothered getting a Wii?

Wh15ky said:
I don't get you guys using the classic controller so much:confused:. Surely the new controls are the reason to get a Wii.
It amazes me how many complaints there are when a game doesn't offer a classic controller option.
If all the nintendo wii games were being released on Gamecube aswell, would you have even bothered getting a Wii?

Ofcourse I would have still gotten a a Wii. When i first played Wii sports @ my friends house I was hooked. I fell in love with thw Wii and the controls too. When I purchased my Wii I also bought a classic controller and a game called BULLY. When i got home I realized that BULLY doesnt work with the classic controller. So after about 3 hours of playing BULLY and swinging my arms and continuously Punching I got tired and the game became less fun for me. The Wii-mote is a awsome concept and the level of fun defintely goes up when your using it for games like Wii sports and Mario&Sonic olimpics but as for BULLY, Who really wants to come home tired from work and start punching the thin air just to be able to play a video game. Times like this is when the classic controller would come in handy.

cookiemonsta11111 said:
Out of all of them i'd use classic or GameCube for competition however for playing friends and mucking around definately use the wii remote/wii wheel

exactly the way i feel :yesnod:

I think I'll always use the wiimote. Although I may use the gamecube or classic controller online, so I look better. :D

Well essentially the wheel is still just using the Wiimote, just with a bit better control.

As for me, the Wheel is probably what I will be using first. If I don't like it its back to the Gamecube pad for me.

I'll use the wheel. Trust me, it's going to be better than all the other control schemes. At least that's what everyone who's played it says.

jondeak said:
This game is the reason i bought my Wii last week....I cant wait !!! Can anyone confirm yet if the classic controller can be used????? I really hope so !!! Some games just arent as fun with the wiimote.....their sometimes less fun and more complicated....Anyone else feel like that sometimes? Im willing to try out the Wii wheel that comes with the game but I can already see the wheel getting to inaccurate and frustrateing during game play. I got my money on the good old classic controller !

MARIO KART HITS STORES 4/27/08 RESERVE A COPY NOW !!!
mario_kart_wii_boxus.jpg
In the UK we get ours on the 11th of April. :lol:

This means that I get MY copy on the 9th due to a friend who works at Gamestation. :yesnod:

Back