Mario Party 8 - Side Bars = Screen Burn In?

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
I'm thinking of picking up Mario Party 8, they only thing stopping me is this problem.

I know Mario Party 8, on wide screen TVs, has ugly green blue and yellow bars at the side of the screen. The TV I play my Wii on is a 42" Sony Grand Wega LCD Rear Projection Television. Will these bars displayed for a long enough continuous time to cause screen burn-in? I would really appreciate any help help.

PS. My TV is not a Plasma, nor an LCD. Its an LCD rear projection. Look it up, here.

theres nothing you can do about the bars at the side. i dont think it will cause burn in, cos nintendo arent idiots.
i plan to get it as my girlfriend loves the GC ones.
i have a widescreen and im sure it will be fine and cause no probs

If it did nintendo would have a huge lawsuit on their hands. I'd say it will be fine. I also have a LCD HD TV and had no problems what so ever.

Just switch channels every couple of hours for a few seconds if it bother's you that much.

Just got Mario Party 8. It doesn't even have the yellow, green and blue bars!?! Maybe that changed it for the Aus version?

They only appear on the minigames. Too be honest I don't notice it too busy trying to win. I've had 3 games so far with my mates and in all have come 2nd. Daylight robbery!!!!

Wiily Good said:
Just got Mario Party 8. It doesn't even have the yellow, green and blue bars!?! Maybe that changed it for the Aus version?

thats good then. cant get it here in uk yet, cos nintendo messed up the disks. maybe they will have fixed it over here

mushy_peas said:
thats good then. cant get it here in uk yet, cos nintendo messed up the disks. maybe they will have fixed it over here
they didnt mess the disks up.

Nintendo has revealed that it is to re-release Mario Party 8 in the UK on August 3rd, with the new revision not containing the word 'spastic' in gameplay. Nintendo has confirmed that the offending word has been removed but can not guarantee that all discs were returned, so some owners of the title may still be susceptible to the 'spastic' term in the game.

news via maxconsole

in the u.k. spastic is and offensive word and people call people with disabilities spastics.that is why it was removed from the uk version

Back