Mario Party 8 UK - PULLED

So as not to cause offence, I have provided a link to the image that purportedly shows the problem. DO NOT CLICK ON IT IF YOU THINK IT MAY OFFEND YOU. The problem is apparently similar to the last recall, for the DS game MindQuiz.......

Anyway, clicky HERE

captainff said:
So as not to cause offence, I have provided a link to the image that purportedly shows the problem. DO NOT CLICK ON IT IF YOU THINK IT MAY OFFEND YOU. The problem is apparently similar to the last recall, for the DS game MindQuiz.......

Anyway, clicky HERE

I don't get it...why would that offend anyone?

vagrant said:
I don't get it...why would that offend anyone?

Apparently, the word "spastic" is now the spawn of satan, so last I heard, the UK was indeed taking the games off the shelves.

how.gay.

WTF how stupid! Spastic...how the hell is that offensive?! Eh..its not a problem for me anyways, I live in the US. But Mario Party sucks anyways so its not a big loss for the UK.

I'm confused...spastic means "crazy or ecstatic" in the U.S. where the slang term originated...

wtf does it mean in england?

vagrant said:
I'm confused...spastic means "crazy or ecstatic" in the U.S. where the slang term originated...

wtf does it mean in england?
over there apparently it means the spawn of satan :sick: :lol: bloody poms

vagrant said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic

Wikipedia says it's someone with Cerebral Paulsey who has spasmatic attacks.
did ya see this bit, not the first time its happed lol
On June 29th 2007, Ubisoft of France pulled one of their games called Mind Quiz: Your Brain Coach, for referring to players who did not perform well at the game as "Super Spastic" which can be construed in the UK as being offensive. The company stated "As soon as we were made aware of the issue we stopped distribution of the product and are now working with retailers to pull the game off the market."

Back