mario party 8! wii

The game includes a robust list of minis, boards and modes and yet you'll quickly discover that little else has been changed. All of our complaints about previous games – the slow pace, the lackluster single-player affair, the loose attention to detail – all remain and with Mario Party 8 we can add another criticism: ignorance of the Wii remote. True, there are a dozen or more minis that do utilize Nintendo's new controller in a unique and enjoyable way, but there are dozens more that don't – that, in fact, were obviously born on GameCube and later ported to Wii with last-minute new motion systems added in. This lackadaisical approach to the franchise sequel bleeds over into the presentation, which doesn't impress as a GCN effort, let alone a Wii one.

Direct from the IGN review. There saying that the game has little addictive games, but that's it. It really just lacks the depth that a real produced game has. It's a really fun party game and lots of people probably have it any play it alot, but mario party games just won't get good reviews because they don't spend enough time on them and there all just the same really.

Mario Party 8

Yah, i agree. I think maybe because its a little short, koopa and blooper the unlockable characters... it'd be nice to seem Waluigi or Bowser Jr. as playable characters.

Derick.™ said:
Yah, i agree. I think maybe because its a little short, koopa and blooper the unlockable characters... it'd be nice to seem Waluigi or Bowser Jr. as playable characters.

Umm... Waluigi is a playable character. But i agree, more characters would be a plus. Having all the characters from SSBB would be cool.

worst game ever. what a waste of $50... I highly recommend NOT getting it. There is only like 5 levels and each has a different gameplay. It doesn't have the same gameplay as the earlier mario party games. Some mini games are fun but most are just ok at best. Thats my personal opinion. Maybe I had too high of expectations...

How can you say its one of the worst, Its for multiplayer not really a one player gane thats why you probly think its bad becasue you have no friends to play it with!:lol:

i personally hated the game. it was just pretty boring. i mean it's fun if you have a lot of people around, but it was just me and my girlfriend. once she left, it was just me and myself. no point at all playing by yourself

Back