Mario Party 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billii

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
:shocked: :shocked: does anyone have Mario Party 8? This is just so wierd whats next Mario Party 50? Mario Party 1,000,000 (please no:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: )So if you have Mario Party 8 can you tell me if it is worth getting?
Why not??????If you so no you are crazy!!!!!!Please tell me yes!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ok I'll tell you this once and only once, Mario Party 8 is the worst game of the entire series...DO NOT BUY IT. The minigames are boring and make no sense at all and there are hardly any modes to play in, and the ones there are arn't very fun. If you look at sites like IGN you will find that they too felt the game was a dissapointment. The only way I found you could have fun was if you played party mode with 4 humans, but that would mean u'd need 4 wii motes and nunchucks...so ya I would say rent it or better yet go buy another game like, Loz:Tp, Super Paper Mario, or Wario Ware: Sm:lol: Ok there you go...

I thought it was pretty good(if you have friends or atleast see your family alot) because the stages where creative and (most) of the mini games where pretty fun. It depends whether you like a variety of games. Like I like halo 2 but I also like animal crossing so I liked it.

I got it today...it feels lacking when I look back at the others. I never got 7, but I though 4-5-6 were all great. So far 8 seems like it wasn't worth the 50bucks.

I doesn't support Widescreen....which is a pain in the arse, and it sad considering this is 2007!

its my first mario party game. Seems like a 30 dollar game. It does have almost 75 mini games, plus 8 extra mini games (which i paid 50 bucks for the 8 games on wii play and a remote, so i think it was worth it. It's really fun even on two players with your wife :)

I bought it and love it. It's only fun when you're playing with other people though.

I've wasted many hours on it with my gf

"iw asted many hours on your girlfriend with it"

hehe sorry

anyways graphics sucks too, look at mario and compare it to ssbb, i know there is no reason to have good graphics in mp, hell mario in melee looks better than in mp, they should of done a better job with backgrounds and what not, the only decent graphical minigame was the hovercraft one

u know what? if i had the chance to return it i would. i bought it brand new because its my first mario party and i thougt that it would be good like the old mario partys for n64.:mad5: i was so excited when i got it. but when i played it it was boring. the game isnt long. there is alot of minigames but they r short and boring. im really dumb because i should of rented it first:mad2: . i will tell u know DO NOT GET MARIO PARTY 8. GET SUPER P. MARIO now thats a fun game. :yesnod:

hey dreamcastninja how did u get the core system? is the memory shorty or tell me what the different is between the regular and the core.

shorty memory? wtf?

the core system is the standard system that you buy. Some idiot on the forum tried to be arrogant and say it's not called core system, so i made sure to put it really big up there just for him :)

mushroomedmario said:
"iw asted many hours on your girlfriend with it"

hehe sorry

anyways graphics sucks too, look at mario and compare it to ssbb, i know there is no reason to have good graphics in mp, hell mario in melee looks better than in mp, they should of done a better job with backgrounds and what not, the only decent graphical minigame was the hovercraft one

Someone's looonellly :ciappa:

But really, it isn't as bad of a game as this guy's making it out to be. It's fun if you have friends, if you don't (like this guy) it will obviously suck

Marioman said:
Ok I'll tell you this once and only once, Mario Party 8 is the worst game of the entire series...DO NOT BUY IT. The minigames are boring and make no sense at all and there are hardly any modes to play in, and the ones there are arn't very fun. If you look at sites like IGN you will find that they too felt the game was a dissapointment. The only way I found you could have fun was if you played party mode with 4 humans, but that would mean u'd need 4 wii motes and nunchucks...so ya I would say rent it or better yet go buy another game like, Loz:Tp, Super Paper Mario, or Wario Ware: Sm:lol: Ok there you go...

Actually, you don't quite need 4 nunchuks since there's only one mini-game in the entire game that uses the nunchuk, and it's in the EXTRAS tent. It sounds you like haven't even played the game before, but just went off reviews from IGN and such. My opinion on the game is: when I first started playing it, it was kinda disappointing, but then as I played it more, it got more and more fun. The same thing happened to me with Super Paper Mario, I was extremely disappointed when I found out that it was not turn-based like the previous two Paper Marios or Super Mario RPG for the SNES, but after awhile I learned to LOVE it :lol:
In short, if you have friend's over alot, or your family plays Wii alot, this would be a good game, but if you don't, I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Back