Mario Party 8

Capco1

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wanna play it,but I can't right now.Gotta get paid,gotta find a wii,gotta buy a wii,gotta buy the game,gotta play the game.Can anybody tell me what it's like?In your own opinions.

I have heard that that game is not very good...I recommend Paper Mario though oh and Mario Strikers Charged coming this July 30, but if you live in Europe then it's already out...also get Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Mario Party was the first game I ever played on the Wii. Four of us got together, one brought his Wii and 4 controllers, and we ended up playing it for more than 2 hours.

Is it the best graphics, or sound, or whatever? No. But it's cute and simple and rather fun. Gameplay is easy to grasp and you can just jump right in and immediately have fun. What a "party game" should be. I think it suits a useful niche and when I got my Wii it was the first game I bought.

Mario Party Usually is more fun with at least 1 other person.And if you're competitive,and your friends are competitive,I don't think the game could ever get boring.

It doesn't even stack up to the original. You'd think after eight installments the series would have advanced a little.

Everyone seems to complain about the fact that it has never got any better. If MP8 was the first Mario Party released and no-one had ever played a previous version or Mario Party, would you recommend it. I have never played a Mario Party before so I'd really like to know.

PS. Is it better than Rayman Raving Rabbids?
PPS. Sorry about the thread hijacking, if I posted another thread I would get flamed for posting another Mario Party thread.

Hmmmm...maybe...not sure.I'm a mario fan so I'd at least try it out, but i'm sure i'd like it if i'd play it for the first time.

well its a party game, so the game play wont be legendary, i have mario party 2 on the N64 and that was a great game, so i may end up getting this but if reviews start to flow saying nothing but bad things about it then i will probably turn away from it, but it woudl still be good to have around for parties and stuff

I like it, and anybody that has played it with me likes it. So, for one, definitely don't go off reviews, you should at least try it before you buy it. Simply because unless a party game is what you want for sure then I can't guarantee that you will like it. Essentially when you bring up this game on this forum you end up getting a lot of negative responses, so I'll just leave it at you should try it for sure. As long as you're not expecting it to be revolutionary, (as most people were) you will have fun with it.

TitansATB said:
Doesnt it make you and your friends look like their wacking it?

Haha, in a couple of the minigames yea it does. Its a bit awkward, but whatever, some perv game designer got a good laugh out of it, and anybody else who isn't taking themselves too seriously will have to laugh. Like I said, everybody should form their own opinions through experience, not by whatever some over analytic game critics wrote somewhere online.

mushroomedmario said:
i just wnat dk back as a playable character...

i'd rather play him than just a nobody(ie. boo, dry bones, quid guy and hammer bros)

I agree, I really liked playing as DK, but now I just use blooper, or boo, just because no one else uses them.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
Haha, in a couple of the minigames yea it does. Its a bit awkward, but whatever, some perv game designer got a good laugh out of it, and anybody else who isn't taking themselves too seriously will have to laugh. Like I said, everybody should form their own opinions through experience, not by whatever some over analytic game critics wrote somewhere online.

I agree, I really liked playing as DK, but now I just use blooper, or boo, just because no one else uses them.

Whoah people wacking it?..seems maybe some old Disney representatives worked on this game :lol:

I am sure it is much like the other Mario Party games, I would hope it would get better.

Back