Mario shooting game

nickz2112

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2007
cleveland
Wii Online Code
7171-0126-0181-9068
Is a Mario shooter game a good idea?

The wii needs to attract hardcore gamers more efficiently. Mini-game pack after mini-game pack leaves the hardcore wii owner a little hungry for content. Right now I can’t think of a more hardcore genre than the shooters. Halo 3, GTA IV, and Call of Duty 4 are all must have games for the hardcore fan. Why can’t Mario join the party?

The success of the first person shooter genre is ridiculous. Halo by itself was capable of completely establishing xbox as valid video game system. This kind of success reminds me a lot of the fighting genre in the nineties. After Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II the market was flooded with these types of games. These games at the time were considered too violent and graphic so Nintendo never jumped on the bandwagon, until Super Smash Brothers.

The Super Smash Brothers franchise is one of the most beloved series a Nintendo fan has. Come on, who doesn’t love a fight to the death between Samus and Link? What makes this game so good is the fact that the percentage system of fighting the game uses is genius. Instead of showing the sacrilege of a dead Mario, our friend just flies off the screen when defeated. It doesn’t take anything away from the game being a good fighter; it adds a fresh twist to the genre, while eliminating the violence issue.

Why can’t the same system be applied to a shooting game? Running around zapping each other off the mushroom kingdom map just sounds like too much fun. Make sure there is an online multi-player mode and you have a recipe for success. You get to tap into the hardcore gamer’s favorite genre using the nostalgia of Mario and friends. I can’t think of a better way to appease a hardcore crowd that’s hungry for some killer software on the wii.

If you don't add in blood and all that, then it won't be a hardcore game (one more thing. Why are online FPS's the only games that are hardcore? Anything else is casual.)

If you add in the blood and all that, then it wouldn't be a Mario-type game, simply because Mario and his gang are like that.

If there's gonna be an online FPS, don't expect it to include a Nintendo character (Except the red-headed stepchild on the DS)

i......dont see it happening......mario and mushrooms plus blood and guns.......not a good combination :lol:

The Mario franchise is targeted at a generally younger audience so Nintendo would never add blood and violence to a franchise that has been doing very well for the past 20 years.

i forgot who said it, but at an e3, like 3 or 4 years ago, someone said "mario will never be shooting hookers"

it was a metaphor saying nintendo, as a first party, will never make a bloody, extremely violent game.

and quite frankly, mario wouldnt make a good shooter.

and im sick of fps, there are too many on the market. it overshadows all the other *better* genres.

i think your getting a bit too desperate for a online FPS. Belive me, i CRAVE an online shooter for wii...and theres a few coming:

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (32 players online)
Battalion wars 2 (third person shooter/real time stratergy)

Those are the announced ones, but Redsteel 2 seems inevitable, and online is a must to bring that game back to life. And others will follow, dont worry.

As for other hardcore shooters, try metroid Prime 3.

Well, mario won't be holding a gun or banging hookers any time soon, that I can promise.

Besides, hardcore gamers can still enjoy mario, and most of the wii games as now there are some games coming out that will appeal like Resi 4 and RE:UC and metroid 3.

whats wrong with what we got.. halo 3, metroid 3, RE:4/UC, MOH:(one thats has 32 multiplayer), Redsteel 2,

Eh, I'd have to agree with most of you. Mario + shooting ≠ good game. They don't belong together, but if they ever were to join it would more than likely like playing paintball, no deaths.

Mario is an innocent plumber. He would never shoot anyone. But he would crush you to death by jumping on your head, or kick you when your asleep

nah, plz i dont want anymore spinoff's i just want this from mario.

Super duper sidescrolling, kart racing, smash brawling, mario partying games.

Mario first person shooter? No, don't see that happening. Now, a Mario third person shooter, that would be awesome. It be really a shooter, but more like a action versus game. Imagine it, your weapons would include shells, flower fire power, player specific items (Peach's radishes, etc.), head jumping melee attacks, and even mountable Yoshis. It be sort of like Smash Bros. in a way, but in third person with a more shooter feeling without actually being a shooter.

Back