mario strikers charged controllers

mongolloyd

WiiChat Member
Sep 21, 2006
Philadelphia
i was reading about the controls for the wii mario strikers over at gamespot and it explains how the wii remote and nunchuck are used to control the game. unfortunately it seems like the motion control feature of the wiimote isn't used. all that you use are the buttons on it, so essentially your using a regular controller. i'm figuring that the gamecube controller will be able to be used on this game too.

so my question is, won't the people using the gamecube controller be at an advantage b/c of how it's set up. basically they are the same thing concerning this game, a non motion sensing controller. do you think they are equal or maybe the remote setup is better than the gamecube one? i'd much rather use the gamecube one than the remote/nunchuck.

i only bring this up b/c this game is going to be online, making this important. the person using the gc controller will be at an advantage over the wiimote user. of course, all of this is irrelevant if you cannot use the gc controller.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/...tml?sid=6166968&om_act=convert&om_clk=mostpop

Last edited:
How would motion sensing be used? And online play isn't confirmed, it never has. At the end of that article is says that "online play is still undecided".

ssbb_lover said:
How would motion sensing be used? And online play isn't confirmed, it never has. At the end of that article is says that "online play is still undecided".

i'm not saying it should be used, b/c it can't really. all i'm saying is that if two people are of equal skill, the one w/ the gc controller is going to win. as for the online play, that article is over a week old, and today i was reading one several articals about how gamespy is doing wii's online play capabilities, and the first game to use it is pokemon and mario strikers.

"A Nintendo Australia spokesman confirmed the first Wii title to support online play would be Mario Strikers Charged Football, which was due to be released locally in June."
found here: http://www.smh.com.au/news/games/wii-gamers-set-to-battle-online/2007/03/14/1173722540900.html

Last edited:
mongolloyd said:
i'm not saying it should be used, b/c it can't really. all i'm saying is that if two people are of equal skill, the one w/ the gc controller is going to win.
So they both use a GC controller...problem solved.
as for the online play, that article is over a week old, and today i was reading one several articals about how gamespy is doing wii's online play capabilities, and the first game to use it is pokemon and mario strikers.
This is just being a little bitchy, but it's not over a week, it's exactly a week since that article was written...

ssbb_lover said:
So they both use a GC controller...problem solved.

This is just being a little bitchy, but it's not over a week, it's exactly a week since that article was written...

i did, and who is being bitchy. sorry, i didn't exactly remember the date of the gamespy article.

I know, i'm just being a *****. :lol: Somehow I edited it correctly as you quoted it....:wtf:

ssbb_lover said:
They used to advertise Mario Strikers online on Nintendos official wii-site... I'm assuming that's proof enough.

Back