Mario Strikers Charged Promblem

cman043

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
I've recently been having trouble playing others online. I can log in and get the leaderboards and everything, but when I try to get into a ranked match it never connects to another opponent. Then I get this error code, I have never been able to play someone yet, but can see the leaderboards and everything else. Any help would be great thanks.

do u have a router thingy, a usb adaptor for wii, or r u just on the wifi chip installed in the wii?

I got the linksys WRT54Gv5 and i get to the Nintendo WFC Central Screen, but cant connect with anyone. Then get the error code.

I have that same router and I can't play strikers online, I get an error code every time, usually right after I choose a mii. Wish I could return it.

I've got that same router and it works just fine without only a couple disconnects.

I've been trained in wireless networks so hopefully I can shed some light for you guys.

First off I need to know the placement of your wii and router.

Preferably, set up your wii and router so that they are not in a corner. Corners causes the wifi signal to bounce and reflect, creating a multi-path problem. Whats bad about this is that when a reflected wave comes back at the broadcasting signal, it has the potential to cancel out.

Other issue could very well be distance. These routers are quite powerfull, mine broadcasts well down the street a few houses when I crank up the power, my neighbors mentioned to me that they could see my signal 5 houses down in either direction.

But heavy brick walls have a severe impact on signal strength. Also be mindfull of what other wireless networks there might be in the area.

If you can see another wifi network being broadcasted, make sure you switch your router to a new channel.

1, 6, 10 are the greatest differences in frequencies. So if you see another network on channel 6, switch to channel 1 or 10. If you see another network running on 10, then switch over to 1 as thats the greatest frequency range difference and they wont interfere with each other.

Other devices that can interfere are cordless phones, cell phones, and most importantly BlueTooth enabled devices. If you have anything using blue tooth in the same room as your Wii, turn it off or get rid of it.

Bluetooth creates a ton of interferance with wifi connectivity.

Last option is that while this is rare in a home situation, there just might be too much traffic for your router to keep up with. I've got 4 computers in my household, 3 of them running wow most of the time. So I end up disconnecting because my router just cant keep up with the demand.

Hope this all helps. The more information you guys can give me the better I can help you all out.

ive tried to move the wii closer to my router but it still didnt work. I don't know what settings have to be changed, so if you know which ones have to be that would be great.

This happened in Europe whe it was released. Everyone found it difficult to get online. It simply couldn't cope with the demand. We had a message off nintendo shortly afterwards saying there where adapting it and now it works fine. You can connect sometimes, you just have to keep trying.

I need a wi-fi plug my wlan router died. i would just say get one there are from $20-50 i got mine for my ds $10-11

Wozz500 said:
This happened in Europe whe it was released. Everyone found it difficult to get online. It simply couldn't cope with the demand. We had a message off nintendo shortly afterwards saying there where adapting it and now it works fine. You can connect sometimes, you just have to keep trying.

very very true. The game is brand new and nintendo just simply has no idea how much demand there is going to be, it could very well be that the demand currently is just too high and thier servers are getting overloaded.

Which explains the widespread disconnects everyone is getting.

yeah i know, but my ds wont find opponents either. I dont really know what settings to change, because i pretty much tried everything.

i also have a problem...im having trouble staying connected to the strikers charged. i can play about two games usually then say if i play a third game(being that i havnt won the first two or lost the first 2) then i get the error code 91010 and i checked the error code and it has something to do with the friends list but i deleted all my friends and stuff of of there and its still doing the same thing....i have perfect connection on my router nand i can get on the internet with my wii fine but it logs me of wifi no matter what after two games...if any of you have played a person named ryan on wifi and that happened to u im sorry...anybody have any suggestions?

i get that same error it says something about, error 28020 or something like that and its either after it says loggin in or right after a match, something bout the stats, is that what everyone is getting?

yeah sometimes i cant log on and when i can after my second match it always disconnects me .....every time no matter if theres gonna be a third match or i won both matches it kicks me off wifi entirely.....

Back