mario64

scubasteve

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
how is mario64 for ds, i know its a port from the 64 so don't say it. im going on a trip today or tomorrow (3 hour trip) and i have just enough to buy a ds lite but not a game, so i'm gonna borrow mario64 from my friend for the trip, do u think it will entertain me for 2-3 hours?

Actually it's not a port...technically atleast. It's a replica and it has improved graphics, new level, multiplayer, and minigames.

The controls are a little on the annoying side, but if you can get over them you should get it.

Its a very good game. It is better then the N64 game and could entertain you for over 3 hrs.
Even after you play the main game, there are some minigames you can play as well.

Minigames are fun.

I don't really mind the d-pad, so it's great. Don't even waste time with the thumb/touchscreen setups.

sweet thanks guys , by the way im back from my trip and i never got to get my ds because my mom borrowed some of my money and cant pay me back yet ahghg sooo gay! anyway i guess ill have to wait another week or so

Just so you know for later on, En4Neo pretty much sumed up the game, a great game, not a port, more ofa remake with loads more, but the controlling takes time to learn, you have to use a mix of the touch screen and the D-Pad, there is a nice touch in the game where they have a hidden star on the other side of the upstairs mirror wall room, you use Luigi's invisibility mode to go through the mirror and to the door on the other side, behind the door os a white room with a star, prretty interesting to seem it looks like a star and a door in the middle of nowhere

Back