MarioKart for the Wii

spoleweski

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
Does anyone know when or whether there will be a mariokart game on the wii? im thinking they will have to since its been on every other system but does anyone know at what stage it is in development, i rather play it sooner than later.

I haven't heard anything at all on it. Maybe we'll hear something on it at next years E3?

i think there will be mariokart
it's half-confirmed cuz wii is nintendo system

Theres always been a MK on every Nintendo console. Exept for the NES that is. So its to be expected.

there wasnt one on virtual boy. but since the ds version just came out it will probably be a while before the wii version. at least 2008.

I doubt that will happen. They havent even said anything about the game yet.. From what i know...

http://wii.qj.net/category/Mario-Kart-Wii/cid/292

"In the latest issue of Nintendo Power (Feb 2006,) they interview Mario Kart producer Hideki Konno. Mr. Konno notes that it would only be the logical step for Mario Kart to appear on the Revolution, and my logic would suggest it would be extremely fun.

Nintendo Power: What do you like most about the Revolution controller?

Hideki Konno: We're doing a lot of experiments right now with the Revolution controller and obviously with the direct pointing device (DPD) and its ability to track movement and distance. You know, that's huge, because that's a brand-new thing that we've never seen before in any controller. Trying to envision all the different things we could do with that motion sensor, that DPD, is a little mind-boggling.

NP: Where do you think the Mario Kart series can go from here?

Konno: As you know, Mario Kart has appeared on all of Nintendo's platforms so far, and I think it's done its job on the DS, or at least I hope it will with what's new. So the next logical step, of course, is the Revolution. Really what we hope to do is continue to bring new and creative things to the franchise that appeal not only to our established user base, but also bring new people into the game."

So there you have it...

Yeah, but the guy says "it would be a pretty logical step for it to appear on the revolution"

Its a start...

do the nintendo creators read this forum? we could give them some ideas of what we'd want in the game. they should read it if they already dont afterall we are the audience they're making it for

Back