Massive Weekend of Sport!

Lewi T

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
What a lineup of sport we have over this Saturday and Sunday!

[Note: all times are GMT +1]

Saturday
First, it's football, as the Blue Nosed Toffee C*nts, Everton, host Rafa's Mighty Reds, Liverpool, for the first Merseyside derby of the season! What a game it promises to be. Kick-off is 12:45pm (Sky Sports 1, programme starts at 12pm).

Then it's Formula 1! It's the qualifying round at Interlagos in Brazil, with Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen all battling for pole position to get an advantage in the race in an attempt to win the Championship, but also Massa will be looking to perform on home ground. Q1 starts at 5pm (ITV4, programme starts at 4:30pm).

More football follows, in Spain though now as Villareal welcome Barcelona. Barca are two points behind La Liga leaders Real Madrid, so will be looking to keep up the pressure even at this early stage of the season. Kick off is 7pm (Sky Sports Xtra, programme also starts at 7pm).

Next is rugby. England play South Africa in the World Cup Final. Underdogs England are looking to become the first ever nation to retain the World Cup, but face a massive task in attempting to beat South Africa! Kick-off is 8pm (ITV1, programme starts at 7:30pm).
[Note: the rugby clashes with the Spanish football above and below]

Lastly on Saturday is more action from La Liga, as Real Madrid hope to extend their two-point lead at the top of the table at Espanyol. Kick off is 9pm (Sky Sports Xtra, programme also starts at 9pm, immediately follows Villareal vs. Barcelona).

Sunday
Rounding off the weekend is the F1. The race from Interlagos is the last of the season, and there are 3 contenders to be Champion: Rookie Brit Lewis Hamilton driving for McClaren; two-time reigning champion (with Renault, now with McClaren) Fernando Alonso; and Ferrari's new boy Kimi Raikkonen. Hamilton leads the Championship with Alonso just three points behind, and Raikkonen a further four adrift. But with Brazilian Felipe Massa, also of Ferrari, wanting to put on a performance for his home crowd, it will prove to be a fascinating race. The race begins at 5pm (ITV1, programme starts at 4pm).

[Also on Sunday:
West Ham vs. Sunderland from the Premiership. Kick-off is 4pm (Sky Sports 1, programme starts at 3:30pm);
Atletico Madrid vs. Real Zaragoza from La Liga. Kick off is 8pm (Sky Sports 1, programme also starts at 8pm).]

Well I must say I can't wait. I know I'll be watching all of these (apart from the rugby as I want to watch the Spanish football, I will of course be checking the score), and I'll obviously be watching the F1 rather than West Ham vs. Sunderland!

But the questions is, what are you guys going to be watching?

Last edited:
I won't be watching the rugby (not a fan), but I will be cheering South Africa, partly because I'm Welsh, and partly because Englanders have an annoying tendency not to shut up about the few sports championships they manage to win.

I might watch the F1 though. It's always fun when the last race rolls around and the champion hasn't already been decided.

Napalmbrain said:
I won't be watching the rugby (not a fan), but I will be cheering South Africa, partly because I'm Welsh, and partly because Englanders have an annoying tendency not to shut up about the few sports championships they manage to win.

I might watch the F1 though. It's always fun when the last race rolls around and the champion hasn't already been decided.
You're Welsh and you're not a fan of rugby?? I find that interesting, as in my experience I've it's a very common feature of a Welshmen to follow rugby! I don't follow rugby either, to be honest I hate it, so I won't be watching it either. But obviously I still want England to win, so I'll just be checking the score. It wouldn't bother me if we didn't win though. It annoys me all the people that don't follow rugby, but now England are in the final they think they like it and want to know about it and watch every minute of it!

That post was an epic fail due to lack of Snooker grand prix and favouritism to a bunch of scousers:lol:

But I will watch snooker, F1, football and rugby:)

Cpt.McCloud said:
That post was an epic fail due to lack of Snooker grand prix and favouritism to a bunch of scousers:lol:

But I will watch snooker, F1, football and rugby:)
Favouritsm?? Where?? :lol:
Who do you support by the way? The Toon? Or the Boro maybe? I understand you are from the North-East you see.

I did consider the snooks, but I doubt I'll be watching it so I couldn't be bothered including it! Plus the others are more important in my opinion! Well to me anyway. Apart from maybe the rugby, because I hate it! But seens as its the World Cup final and all, I thought it deserved a mention.

Lewi T said:
Favouritsm?? Where?? :lol:
Who do you support by the way? The Toon? Or the Boro maybe? I understand you are from the North-East you see.

I did consider the snooks, but I doubt I'll be watching it so I couldn't be bothered including it! Plus the others are more important in my opinion! Well to me anyway. Apart from maybe the rugby, because I hate it! But seens as its the World Cup final and all, I thought it deserved a mention.

Dont get me wrong, I like the north east teams but hate their fans.

My support lies with the mighty devils. However, I am a partial supporter of Sunderland:)

Cpt.McCloud said:
Dont get me wrong, I like the north east teams but hate their fans.

My support lies with the mighty devils. However, I am a partial supporter of Sunderland:)
Well I wasn't expecting that! Tut, and there was me thinking you seemed like a nice lad, then you go and tell me who you support!

Lewi T said:
Well I wasn't expecting that! Tut, and there was me thinking you seemed like a nice lad, then you go and tell me who you support!

The thoughts are more then mutual spud;)

December 16th, you will receiving a gloating message from the cappin':lol:

Lewi T said:
You're Welsh and you're not a fan of rugby?? I find that interesting, as in my experience I've it's a very common feature of a Welshmen to follow rugby!

It's true, it is a popular sport here, but I've never really found it interesting.

Napalmbrain said:

Quote for the mother ****ing win.

If the English win something, you don't hear the end of it, they still go on about the world cup they won like 70 odd years ago.. jesus christ alright.

Aren't Chelsea playing 2moro? If so then I'll be watching that, I think they are. I'll probably watch the match too, I want to go out and watch it somewhere, but I doubt I will too god damn cold to go out.

surfinrach90 said:
Quote for the mother ****ing win.

If the English win something, you don't hear the end of it, they still go on about the world cup they won like 70 odd years ago.. jesus christ alright.

Aren't Chelsea playing 2moro? If so then I'll be watching that, I think they are. I'll probably watch the match too, I want to go out and watch it somewhere, but I doubt I will too god damn cold to go out.

Chelsea are playing my home town.

I hope its draw as I dislike both teams..

Cappin', how come you support Man U? And the same question to Rach but with Chelsea (I'm assuming you support Chelsea from what you said).

But yep, Chelsea are away to the Boro' today, I'm not sure it's on TV though. A pub might have it on.

I don't think I've ever mentioned to someone about England winning the World Cup. I hate rugby. But if a Welsh person attempts to say that Wales are better, it's obvious to bring up the World Cup, it's firm evidence!
Also, are you telling me that if Wales ever did manage to win something, you wouldn't mention it?

Fair enough Napalm, I don't find it interesting either, it just seems so repetitive and boring to me.

Lewi T said:
Cappin', how come you support Man U? And the same question to Rach but with Chelsea (I'm assuming you support Chelsea from what you said).

But yep, Chelsea are away to the Boro' today, I'm not sure it's on TV though. A pub might have it on.

I don't think I've ever mentioned to someone about England winning the World Cup. I hate rugby. But if a Welsh person attempts to say that Wales are better, it's obvious to bring up the World Cup, it's firm evidence!
Also, are you telling me that if Wales ever did manage to win something, you wouldn't mention it?

Fair enough Napalm, I don't find it interesting either, it just seems so repetitive and boring to me.

My family supports them, so it has just passed on to me. They have never really cared about Sunderland so I started that out:cool:

Cpt.McCloud said:
My family supports them, so it has just passed on to me. They have never really cared about Sunderland so I started that out:cool:
Fair enough!

Wii_Smurf said:
Well, I live in Manchester yet I support Liverpool. Just one of those things xD
How come you support Liverpool though?

I just find it odd when people support a team that has no relation to them, like unless they live near or their family support them, etc.

Back