Master System and Game Gear games coming to VC!

Napalmbrain

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2006
Cardiff, Wales
Yes! The most likely console to come to VC, is coming to VC! Sega have announced they're bringing Master System and Game Gear games to the Virtual Console. Japan will be getting Fist of the Northern Star and Fantasy Zone next month. No news on prices yet, but they'll presumably be around 500 points each.

Source: http://vc-reviews.com/news/2008/01/master_system_games_coming_to_the_vc

Here's hoping for Phantasy Star.

Hopefully they include Great Baseball.. I loved that game. And since the Game Gear and the Master System have identical hardware inside, it should be no problem porting the games.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ING ASSHOLES!!!!!

So now instead of getting anything worth a **** for the next decade, we will be getting collumns: the game gear version.....

I am going to be so ****ing pissed when they update us with that garbage.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fist of the north star????? Gee, thats scary as hell considering the movie is from like 1985, Yeah, you know how fighting games from 1985 are......double dragon was pretty good, out of 100 in the genre.

so what, there are 3 good games on master system? Isnt that why NOBODY OWNED ONE??????? with their shitty zapper they copied nintendo with......I dont want the predecessor either. we are going to get the Sonic the hedgehog they made for master system........NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Game gear SUCKED.......played it at my othodontists office everytime i went.

oh, and whats up bubbles???? (previous poster).

Last edited:
Me in the other thread said:
fyeahcl1.gif

Get ready for a load of crap MS games
YAY Transbot
YAY My hero
YAY <insert crap game title>

Lets hope that the quality titles come out
Every Mario fan needs to play psyco fox

Its strange that theres no MS box sets

Theres more than three good MS games you must not like meny games then
Granted most are arcade conversions but theres quality like Psyco fox, Phantasy star, Teddy boy (shite name good shooter),theres a few Shining force games on the Game gear, All them Sonics

Ill have to look throw my collection

Conan the Librarian said:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ING ASSHOLES!!!!!

So now instead of getting anything worth a **** for the next decade, we will be getting collumns: the game gear version.....

I am going to be so ****ing pissed when they update us with that garbage.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fist of the north star????? Gee, thats scary as hell considering the movie is from like 1985, Yeah, you know how fighting games from 1985 are......double dragon was pretty good, out of 100 in the genre.

so what, there are 3 good games on master system? Isnt that why NOBODY OWNED ONE??????? with their shitty zapper they copied nintendo with......I dont want the predecessor either. we are going to get the Sonic the hedgehog they made for master system........NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Game gear SUCKED.......played it at my othodontists office everytime i went.

oh, and whats up bubbles???? (previous poster).

Dude, it was a good system. Heck, it beat the NES here in Europe, so they must have done something right (admittedly it was partly down to the fact that Nintendo always treats Europe like crap, but still...).

Sweet!!!

I hope to see these titles on VC...

Phantasy Star
Shinobi
Rastan
Golden Axe Warrior
Miracle Warriors
Spell Caster
Ultima IV
Psychic World
Wonder Boy III

I cant wait.. Ive still got the old master system 2 and it still works..

I hope they release Alex Kidd in Miracle World i love that game

Frog said:
Sweet!!!

I hope to see these titles on VC...

Golden Axe Warrior

Thank something you put "Warrior" on the end

Hmm...what about games that were released for both systems? I say games like Sonic should use the Master System versions...-WAIT A MINUTE! - If Game Gear is on the Virtual Console, then where the freak is Game Boy? What the freak is up with that?

EDIT: Oh, I also meant to ask how much these would cost, but it was somehow excluded from this post...

Last edited:
Darkprinny said:
Thank something you put "Warrior" on the end
Golden Axe Warrior was an RPG for Gamegear. It's not the same as the Genesis Golden Axe co-op action games. Maybe I have the name wrong I'm not sure.

Edit: I was wrong it was a Master System game. I'd still like to play it. It sounds cool. The game I played was on Gamegear and it is called Axe Battleer: A Legend of Golden Axe. What a cheesy name! lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Axe_Warrior

Last edited:
Back