"Masterpieces" - Eff You Nintendo

Stevwen

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2008
Las Vegas
Wii Online Code
2405-6575-0116-3326
Now before the hate mail comes flying my way.. Let me Splain.
I love Nintendo, I love SSBB, and I think I'll be playing it for Years.

However that doesn't mean that I'm not going to give Nintendo the Big Middle Finger right now, because this **** is just weak.

Trial versions for the masterpieces? You mean I can play Donkey Kong for an entire 40 seconds!? Wowzer! Thank you Nintendo! I'm so glad you let me experience that 30 seconds of joy and wonder, and I'm SO very glad that I managed to unlock that particular bonus.

Now I know some people may think I'm being nitpicky, but if you're going to include an 8 bit game as a bonus on Brawl, why the hell can't it be the full version? Don't even try and tell me there isn't room for the entire Super Mario Bros. Game on the Brawl disc, because I know for a fact they could include about 300 copies of it and not have any worries.

So why didn't they? because Nintendo wants you to pay 500 Points for it ($5 US)

So in other words, Nintendo only allows you to play for a minute, because they don't want to lose that 5 dollars from you, the loyal consumer, who bought their $50 game.

Greedy. Greedy. Greedy.

And thats all I have to say about that.

!S

I agree, I laughed when I saw the page for it on Dojo honestly. But since I've already played or I've owned those games, I don't rightly care.

Stevwen said:
Now before the hate mail comes flying my way.. Let me Splain.
I love Nintendo, I love SSBB, and I think I'll be playing it for Years.

However that doesn't mean that I'm not going to give Nintendo the Big Middle Finger right now, because this **** is just weak.

Trial versions for the masterpieces? You mean I can play Donkey Kong for an entire 40 seconds!? Wowzer! Thank you Nintendo! I'm so glad you let me experience that 30 seconds of joy and wonder, and I'm SO very glad that I managed to unlock that particular bonus.

Now I know some people may think I'm being nitpicky, but if you're going to include an 8 bit game as a bonus on Brawl, why the hell can't it be the full version? Don't even try and tell me there isn't room for the entire Super Mario Bros. Game on the Brawl disc, because I know for a fact they could include about 300 copies of it and not have any worries.

So why didn't they? because Nintendo wants you to pay 500 Points for it ($5 US)

So in other words, Nintendo only allows you to play for a minute, because they don't want to lose that 5 dollars from you, the loyal consumer, who bought their $50 game.

Greedy. Greedy. Greedy.

And thats all I have to say about that.

!S

Yep... just a waste of space. Maybe if they didn't include worthless bonuses, then I wouldn't have to try to put my disc in 15 times for it to play. I wouldn't have to send it in to get my **** cleaned.

it's called Marketing.

and personally .. i agree with their choice.. we got the game for Brawl.. not for the other games..... i would have disliked it if it game with a full version of super mario world on it..... i mean... comparatively it would be like having a bunch of mini-games... that are not so mini .... :wtf:

also marketing aside the master pieces are just there to give you a feel of where the characters came from for those who did not play the games before.... a better understanding if you will ...

also if nintendo didnt put the games in it would make no difference whatsoever, so why not have it and gain the insight to the characters?

dws6699 said:
Yep... just a waste of space. Maybe if they didn't include worthless bonuses, then I wouldn't have to try to put my disc in 15 times for it to play. I wouldn't have to send it in to get my **** cleaned.

also sooner or later you will still have to send it in caz the games are only going to get bigger and better, i wont be surpise to see more Wii games coming out in DL-DVD's later on.

Lol Stevwen that made me laugh.

But still..would you rather have nothing on it? And they couldn't give you the full version because then people who bought the full versions for 500 points would be outraged. Also, there would be no point in putting the full version cuz then no one would buy it on WiiShop Channel.

I agree with Clish.

Clish said:
also sooner or later you will still have to send it in caz the games are only going to get bigger and better, i wont be surpise to see more Wii games coming out in DL-DVD's later on.

Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna send it in Friday, most likely. I'll get a weeks worth of playing outta my system before classes get back in session and my grades slowly decline from there.

Stevwen said:

Greedy. Greedy. Greedy.

wait...WHO's greedy? :wtf:

you paid 50 bucks for brawl, NOT for an anthology. it just so happens that nintendo was generous enough to offer some quick demos to hopefully peak your interest in past games.

was this done for profit? while i'm sure they're hoping you'll end up buying their games off VC, you can't bash them for putting masterpieces in brawl.

after all, you get what you paid for.

geez.

AoWFraggit said:

you paid 50 bucks for brawl, NOT for an anthology. it just so happens that nintendo was generous enough to offer some quick demos to hopefully peak your interest in past games.

was this done for profit? while i'm sure they're hoping you'll end up buying their games off VC, you can't bash them for putting masterpieces in brawl.

geez.
Well spoken. :lol:

ok i give you that but i still think you shood get more than a few secs on them but i love brawl over all and it was neat to put them there i just got mad at the time they alow for you to see them

Most NES games can be won in less than 10 mins. Go to game speed runs if you don't believe me. So by Nintendo's calculation a Speed Run God can clear the first 1-2 stages. I have to admit it's pretty lame. Just give us 5 mins per game. No one would complain. 40 seconds?! That's bullsh!t.

AoWFraggit said:

geez.

sagema said:
Most NES games can be won in less than 10 mins. Go to game speed runs if you don't believe me. So by Nintendo's calculation a Speed Run God can clear the first 1-2 stages. I have to admit it's pretty lame. Just give us 5 mins per game. No one would complain. 40 seconds?! That's bullsh!t.

I agree with both. Mostly with Fraggit because we did not pay for those other games, we payed to play brawl. But also..like serouisly...

40 Seconds? It takes me 40 seconds to figure out the controls!!!!!

So..we did not pay for those games, we payed to play Brawl.
But Nintendo...if your going to put those in, what do you expect us to do in 40 seconds? Make it longer, maybe 3-5 minutes.

Yes, it's horrifying that Nintendo would include free demos of its products in an effort to increase sales like any successful business would do.

You know some DVDs include movie trailers for other films made by the same studio. JUST THE TRAILER!?!?!? OMG DVDs can fit so much stuff on them just give us the whole movie.

Jeez.

CrowTRobot said:
Yes, it's horrifying that Nintendo would include free demos of its products in an effort to increase sales like any successful business would do.

You know some DVDs include movie trailers for other films made by the same studio. JUST THE TRAILER!?!?!? OMG DVDs can fit so much stuff on them just give us the whole movie.

Jeez.

Dude...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say on WiiChat.

Of course they aren't going to put all the movies into one they split it into 3 sequels unless you want to see a 9 hour long movie. If you were in their place you would do the same.

Back