Max number of saves (Twilight Princess)

Zuli

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
Hey All,

Is there any way to increase the max number of saved games for Twilight Princess?

My situation is this; I bought the WII with Twilight about a week ago and haven't had time to play it. My three little brothers have all spent the past week playing Twilight like there was no tomorrow, and now that I actually have time to play there are no spots available for me to start a game much less save one.

have a 2gig SD card in my WII, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to store saved games on the SD card instead of the internal memory.

Please tell me there is a way to do this (without deleting any saves). I really hope that Nintendo did not limit the number of saves, it seems like a simple thing to do and it doesn't make any sense why they would limit the max number saved games - especially since I have 2gigs of free space. :mad5:

Last edited:
not that i know off but you are the older brother and you are the one who owns the system. just take authority and delete one of the saves and make your own

Twilight Princess has no support for playing off of saves on the SD card at the moment. What I do when I need more saves is copy the TP saves to my SD card, put them on my PC, and erase one of the saves in internal memory. Swap saves...it's a pain, but it works okay.

Better than previous Zelda games where you were screwed!

Mitch2025 said:
not that i know off but you are the older brother and you are the one who owns the system. just take authority and delete one of the saves and make your own

That is what I am really trying to prevent - they have each spent more than 8 hours on the game and I don't want to kill those saves.

I was really impressed with the WII, but nintendo limiting the number of saves has to be one of the most idiotic decisions they could make. I don't understand the though process behind that one... we're not using a cartridge based system and we have more than enough SD card space to save 500 games.

argh...:mad2:

I wouldn't say it's a problem with the Wii, more a problem with TP. It could easily utilize the SD card, but the team behind it decided to go with tradition instead (limited saves).

Mitch, you must really hate your siblings :p

philmottin said:
buy a 32mb or less sd card just for zelda.... real cheap....

I actually have a spare 16 meg SD card that came with an old camera.

So how do I set the games to save to the SD instead of the internal WII memory?

You can't. You have to use the memory management section (in the options from the Wii menu) to copy saves from internal memory to SD card.

Btw, it's Wii, not WII.

PotatoWedgie said:
You can't. You have to use the memory management section (in the options from the Wii menu) to copy saves from internal memory to SD card.

Thanks Potato.

Btw, it's Wii, not WII.

And you've got to be kidding me. How about I call it wII? Sheeshe...

Back