Maybe if....

Hell, just get rid of the Blu-Ray then >.>

I can honestly say that if the ps3 had no blu-ray player and was the same price as a 360,id still choose 360 over ps3 by a longshot.

a normal dvd for games on 360 and wii can hold 4.7 gig a bluray disc for ps3 can hold 50 gig. i have a ps3 and it is definitly worth $650 or $600 if ur in the u.s

stove167 said:
a normal dvd for games on 360 and wii can hold 4.7 gig a bluray disc for ps3 can hold 50 gig. i have a ps3 and it is definitly worth $650 or $600 if ur in the u.s

Aren't most 360 and wii discs dual-layered dvds? And game developers aren't going to fill up a blu-ray disc. By the time that would ever happen, the next xbox console will be out.

1. it's year 2006~7. Nobody watches Blue Ray movies. They went too far this time.

2. The games don't need blue ray at least for now. Xbox360 games like blue dragon comes in 3 DVD meaning that we will need higher capacity sooner or later though.

3. I would rather prefer 3DVD game over 1 blueray game if that's the reason the difference in cost is $300.

ssbb_lover said:
No, I think it's just a DVD player....not sure though, if anyone could confirm that blu-ray does more than just play DVD's, that would be great. :)

Blu-Ray is a next-gen format, not another name for DVDs. A Blu-Ray player plays Blu-Ray disks. And the games on the PS3 use the Blu-Ray format. Why use Blu-Ray over DVD? Well, the Blu-Ray disks store much more data, and are optimized to a greater level than the DVD. What does this mean? Games can now be much bigger, and much more prettier than, say, the Wii (which uses standard DVDs).

wanted to know if it does more than play them retard not how great the quality is.

There's no point to the PS3 without a blu-ray player, cuz the games are on blu-ray discs. And since Sony is 1)unwilling to change format and 2)already on the way to ruin without a complete game recall, there's no way in hell they're dropping the blu-ray for whatever reason.

Yes I would buy one if Sony had never put in the Blu-ray becuz wuts the point of having a ps3 with a normal dvd player if the games are all blu-ray. I can buy a dvd player for $30. And from wut I read and hear almost every thing Sony uses(such as umd,etc.) fails with everything else so they are really only good for Sony(same thing will probly happen to blu-ray). Besides I can barely afford a ps3 as it is how would i be able to afford an hdtv which is the only way to really experience those graphics unless you actually go outside. I must say reality has better graphics than any game console ever made. If you're one of those hardcore ps3 fans, I suggest you look out a window. The graphics are way better.

WhiteSnake007 said:
Yes I would buy one if Sony had never put in the Blu-ray becuz wuts the point of having a ps3 with a normal dvd player if the games are all blu-ray. I can buy a dvd player for $30. And from wut I read and hear almost every thing Sony uses(such as umd,etc.) fails with everything else so they are really only good for Sony(same thing will probly happen to blu-ray). Besides I can barely afford a ps3 as it is how would i be able to afford an hdtv which is the only way to really experience those graphics unless you actually go outside. I must say reality has better graphics than any game console ever made. If you're one of those hardcore ps3 fans, I suggest you look out a window. The graphics are way better.

Actually the ps3 still looks great on a standard tv. Or you can pick up an hdtv for under $500. Prices of tv's fall every single year. Blu ray will be around for a long time because sony will sell a ton of ps3's. If theres gonna be millions of ps3 on the market, then people will buy bluray. hd dvd will be around too. You guys act like theres only room for one format. Since microsoft didnt include the hd dvd player with the 360, I think that will hurt it pretty bad. I dont know a single person with a hd dvd player, but I know quite a few with a ps3.

Actually many ppl do argue that there is only room for one format. and i only know one person that even wants a ps3. Even friends that get every system on the market.

Thats funny because theres already over 1 million people who own a ps3. Not too shabby for such an expensive console ;) Wait until the price drops next year.

Putting Blu Ray in the PS3 was a brilliant move on Sony's part, regardless of the PS3 price tag. Thinking outside of game consoles, sony is in the next gen war for video playback too. Considering they lost out with Betamax and mini discs, they've managed to put their format for the next generation into over half a million homes already. I don't think the number of HDDVD players comes close.

Game developers are finding ways to use the space, and it will pay off in the long run, once developers have a year or two under their belt with the ps3 to suck every polygon they can get out of it.

Even if you don't have an hdtv now, odds are, you might in 5 years, which is at least how long the ps3 will last.

Back