Maybe if....

Good point vegas. The maker of mgs4 said they might not even have enough room on the single layer disk. Its a good thing the ps3 can ready the dual layer. With a sofware update it will be able to read the quad layer disk which can hold 200gb of room. The ps3 will get over 5 years. Probably like 7-8 at least. The ps3 can go a long way with system updates.

re

WhiteSnake007 said:
o and about my last post im not being biased but i wont buy a system becuz it has good graphics.

I bought the ps3 because of resistance and the future games. The best graphics are just another incentive.

Actually Blue Ray is cheaper to produce. I'm stumped why Sony is charging more. I thought the drive to Blue Ray would cause game prices to drop. It looks like human greed is out of control, and I'm glad the consumer isn't sinking into it as they claimed they would.

yah i dont think its not to late to take away blu ray in some consoles, they could add like a hd drive which should give them enough space (no dev will completely fill up 50gb is it? on the bluray discs) then release games both on bluray and hd

i think im thinking to blah

Sovieto said:
yah i dont think its not to late to take away blu ray in some consoles, they could add like a hd drive which should give them enough space (no dev will completely fill up 50gb is it? on the bluray discs) then release games both on bluray and hd

i think im thinking to blah

since they are already producing games in blu ray they will not change it. The 360 charges an extra $200 for their hd dvd drive, which puts it at the price of the ps3. There would be no reason for sony to change to hd dvd, because it would cost the same amount.

Wii&Ps3 said:
since they are already producing games in blu ray they will not change it. The 360 charges an extra $200 for their hd dvd drive, which puts it at the price of the ps3. There would be no reason for sony to change to hd dvd, because it would cost the same amount.
yah but they could produce both hd and bluray, or something, yah my idea is blah
also with the $200 hd dvd drive you get king kong and a universal remote o.o
just having the choice to go hd is better

Alot of companies are looking into producing hybrid players that will work with blu ray and hd dvd. I think both formats will do well, but I see blu ray coming out on top. Its gonna be hard to kill when theres millions of players in peoples homes. Betamax sold about 2 million machines across the globe. Sony will sell alot more ps3's than that. As long as the price keeps coming down in 2007 it will be fine.

vagabondblue said:
Putting Blu Ray in the PS3 was a brilliant move on Sony's part, regardless of the PS3 price tag. Thinking outside of game consoles, sony is in the next gen war for video playback too. Considering they lost out with Betamax and mini discs, they've managed to put their format for the next generation into over half a million homes already. I don't think the number of HDDVD players comes close.
No, I think it's that they weren't thinking of the game console. ;) They try to create a huge entertainment system, when what everyone wants is just a game system!
vagabondblue said:
Even if you don't have an hdtv now, odds are, you might in 5 years, which is at least how long the ps3 will last.
My point exactly. :lol: By the time everyone has HDTV, the PS3 will be gone. :lol: That's why this was such a dumbass idea by Sony, they're putting something in their console that makes it tons cheaper, when most ppl won't even use it till PS4! It's a joke, I think.

I have two theories why PS3 has blu-ray:

1) It's a good way to promote blu-ray, actually pretty sneaky, because everyone that buys a PS3 will be promoting blu-ray for next gen DVD player.

2) W/out it, it would be the PS2. Blu-ray is the only reason the PS3 is different from the PS2 (which is pretty sad). Sony could've thought another way to make their console "next-gen" and make it affordable. In other words, they should've begged Nintendo where they get their awsome ideas. :thumbsup:

ssbb_lover said:
No, I think it's that they weren't thinking of the game console. ;) They try to create a huge entertainment system, when what everyone wants is just a game system!

My point exactly. :lol: By the time everyone has HDTV, the PS3 will be gone. :lol: That's why this was such a dumbass idea by Sony, they're putting something in their console that makes it tons cheaper, when most ppl won't even use it till PS4! It's a joke, I think.

I have two theories why PS3 has blu-ray:

1) It's a good way to promote blu-ray, actually pretty sneaky, because everyone that buys a PS3 will be promoting blu-ray for next gen DVD player.

2) W/out it, it would be the PS2. Blu-ray is the only reason the PS3 is different from the PS2 (which is pretty sad). Sony could've thought another way to make their console "next-gen" and make it affordable. In other words, they should've begged Nintendo where they get their awsome ideas. :thumbsup:

I guess the cell processor, hdmi input, blue tooth controllers, free online make it last gen right? The ps3 is 50 times more powerful than the ps2. You need to get your facts straight :lol: Maybe nintendo should get some ideas from sony on how to make some decent games. Or at least games for adults.

Didn't know about free online. :scared: :lol: I know that it's better than the PS2, but to me it's just upgraded. It's not something new or fresh.

About the games thing, you have to be kidding. Sony has some good exclusive titles (especially for the PS2, see my sig to see one of my favorite games of all time), but the game list for the PS3 doesn't look too exciting for a while (at least for me). The Wii, however, has quite a few titles i'm excited about and that are already out. SSBB, SMG, Sonic, DBZ:BT2, DK, BW2, and more.

Maybe the PS3 is more than meets the eye (or price), but the Wii's got what I want. If I got the PS3 for my b'day or christmas or something, I would cry so hard and I would love it. But, it's too expensive to buy a Wii and a PS3, and I want a Wii more. Maybe when the price drops or somethin'....the main reason I want it is to see R&C5, it's gonna have such amazing graphics, i'll probably cry! :lol:

I'm just glad that you're not one of those noobs that just get on the site and flame ppl, or come up w/ ridiculous reasons why "the Wii sucks" and "PS3 rocks". You'd actually be fun to get into an argument w/. :lol:

I own both and they both have their good and bad points. I just hope nintendo brings out some good games. Im looking forward to resident evil, but I hope the controller doesnt screw up the gameplay. I love the zelda series, but tp isnt as good as I thought it was gonna be. Im not very far into it so it might get better with time. the ps3 has some great games coming to it.

I agree, TP didn't reach my expectations. I thought I was going to be more amazing, but it's sill awosme. :cool:

ssbb_lover said:
I agree, TP didn't reach my expectations. I thought I was going to be more amazing, but it's sill awosme. :cool:
TP seemed like it did nothing new to the series thats why i didnt bother beating it before i sold my wii

Back