McDonalds Monopoly!

sleep.gif
Yawn.gif

hard. to. hold. eyes. open... to. read. the. thread-killer...

sremick said:
Body building with no regard or interest on body health? Interesting philosophy.

Only to a certain extent. You're operating under a few misunderstandings:

1) Everything negative done to your body can be (easily) undone

2) A high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol diet is the only way to get a lot of protein

I'm well aware of the "build up the bulk, burn off the fat" theory but why create such a massive amount of extra work for yourself by finding the absolute worse sources of protein you can?

Let me put it in terms that might directly interest you:

- A high-sodium diet causes high blood pressure. More fluid is retained in the blood vessels. As a result, your heart has to work all the harder to pump blood to the tissues of your body. This has a negative effect on your workout. Hypertension also increases your chances of heart attacks and strokes.

- Too much cholesterol causes fatty deposits to build up in your arteries. This restricts blood flow making it hard for your muscles (and your heart) to get the oxygen they need. This increases the chance of a heart attack. Decreased blood to the brain increases your chance of a stroke.

How exactly are those beneficial to a bodybuilding workout?

If you need a lot of protein, fine: bulk up on eggs, lean meat (pork, fish, chicken). Heck you can get 95+% lean red meat.
Powerlifting, to be more exact. One of the most unhealthy sports there is.
I wasn't 'operating' under anything, it was a question. Answer = Knowledge = I'll know better in the future
I dont think you understand how much food you must consume to obtain 6,000 calories. If I were to eat 'healthy', I'd be cooking all day long, and then some. I've learned from the best. I consider myself to be aware of my health, but if I were worried about it than powerlifting would be one of the last things I'd do.

I SWEAR I'M DONE NOW, IDJUT :thumbsup:

idjut said:
my sleepy comment wasn't towards you :)
you may know that, though

Yes, we all know you don't like me, idjut. No need to get personal.

If you don't like the discussion going on in a thread, you can always unsubscribe from it. ;)

Meanwhile, some of us like to talk about things.

the_more_you_know.jpg

i do like like you sremick... i wasn't getting personnal, it was a joke. sorry to offend. :)
i will unsubscribe :)

Well anywayyy

I went to McDonalds today, no instant wins but had 2 red and 2 train stations so not a bad start :lol:

i went to McDonald's and got a sundae after exams! :)
... then i noticed there was no monopoly game here... :(

...so i ate my sundae! :)

All the pieces but one in any given set will be extremely easy to find, getting you all excited.

It'll be that last remaining piece that will be rare, teasing you. In fact, there's a high probability that the 1 or 2 copies of the rare piece got accidentally thrown out by someone not interested in playing the game, so they never peeled off their pieces.

The game is sinister because it gives you a false sense of hope... you "feel" like you're "close" to winning because you've got 2 of the 3 green pieces. When in truth, your dog has 50 copies of those same 2 pieces and eats them when he's bored. But you "feel close" so you buy even more McDonald's food.

You're not really close at all. The only thing that matters is that rare piece, and there are lotteries and raffles where you have much better odds at winning even better prizes, without having to spend as much money and without having to consume junk food.

Keep in-mind that the odds McDonald's posts are BS because the percentage of pieces lost (by people not paying attention to the game) are very high. That's why the promotion is so successful for them. Other raffle/lotteries don't involve loss skewing the odds because either people are paying close attention (weekly lotto numbers), or the nature of it doesn't create a situation where loss really happens (raffle).

Oh of course. I assumed most people knew that the actual chances of winning are pathetic, and it is just an extremely good marketing scheme. But who cares? All it does is adds points to Maccies case when I'm choosing which fast-food place to go eat at. I'm not that bothered about winning, it's just a bit of fun, something to do.

Somewhat akin to choosing which screwdriver to jam into my eye: the blue one or the red one.

Some marketing gimmick from the red one that encourages me to jab more red screwdrivers into my eye wouldn't really sway me.

Nice comparison. The similarities are quite spectacular.[/sarcasm]

The odds McDonald's posts aren't technically bogus, and even if they were, it wouldn't be because people just throw them out...

They send different pieces to different regions of the country, atleast thats how it works in the US. If I were to get the two 'easy pieces' here in Ohio, I might be able to go to California and find the third piece, because it would be one of the 'easy pieces' there.

LevesqueIsKing said:
They send different pieces to different regions of the country, atleast thats how it works in the US. If I were to get the two 'easy pieces' here in Ohio, I might be able to go to California and find the third piece, because it would be one of the 'easy pieces' there.
What proof of that do you have?

If that were true, people would be gaming the system all the time, mailing the missing pieces back and forth across the company (the value of many of the prizes is a lot more than the cost of a plane ticket). It'd also interfere with the fact that there are a fixed number of each prize available.

Example: last round there were only thirty $10,000 prizes available for getting Kentucky Avenue, Indiana Avenue and Illinois Avenue. Unless you only make one "winning" piece of a set rare, how does one ensure there will only be 30 winners of a given prize?

If all pieces are "common" somewhere, then there'll be too many winners. That's not how it works.

Wikipedia backs me up yet again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_Monopoly#Rare_pieces

Back