Meat is murder...tasty, tasty murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, smoked hickory burgers are the best.
We usually cook on charcoal, but the bottom fell out on the charcoal grill recently (literally fell out:lol:) so we have to use the gas cooker.
My dad has a huge stack of bricks in the back yard that he's going to use to put together a fire pit/bbq pit/smoker, but he has too many side metal jobs right now to build it.

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and chevrolet... that's America for ya! (I'm guessing hot dogs falls under bbq)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rYXmWY9HY4[/ame]

Wienies... over a fire,

I can't cook worth a damn.

simple smoker:

if the wood light's up when you flip your meat, then just recover and the wood will quickly smoke again.[/B][/COLOR]

-- lewi approve?

im more talking of raise a cow, toss it into the smoker, remove 3 days later sort of smoker.

I'm always cook at my fathers BBQ/House parties in the summer.

Don't usually do anything special, although I was planning on going all out for the next one as we didn't have one all last year because of my father being in China. Usually though, I do make jacket potatoes and some corn on the corb over the bbq which always go down well. Oh and some kebab skewers I've done a couple of times.

I cook on the grill at least 2-3 times a week. I have a nice stainless gas grill that I absolutely love. Yea gas is not quite as good as coals, but I make a smoke pouch and use that to flavor the meat, and it is very close in flavor. Ribs are my favorite, with rib eye, sirloin and t-bone rounding out the list. Also pork chops, chicken and fish are all great on the grill, as are most veggies. I even grill pizza on occasion.

I cook on the grill at least 2-3 times a week. I have a nice stainless gas grill that I absolutely love. Yea gas is not quite as good as coals, but I make a smoke pouch and use that to flavor the meat, and it is very close in flavor. Ribs are my favorite, with rib eye, sirloin and t-bone rounding out the list. Also pork chops, chicken and fish are all great on the grill, as are most veggies. I even grill pizza on occasion.

Coal's great for lazy Sunday afternoons, but I still prefer gas for the more reliable temperature, portability, and instant-on.

There's just no point using gas. Might as well cook it in the kitchen.

There's just no point using gas. Might as well cook it in the kitchen.

If you tried grilled food from someone who knows how to use a gas grill, you would change your mind. It is very close to charcoal when done right. And as Brawny said, you have control over temperature, which makes a big difference. It's very easy to make a smoke pouch to flavor the meat. All you do is get some aluminum foil and place your wet wood chips of your liking in and form a sealed pouch. Punch holes in it and place it one one side of the grill and let it heat up. When it starts smoking your ready to cook. It's just that easy. Since I started using my gas grill, I've never thought about going back to charcoal. And I'm tough to please when it comes to grilling, trust me.

If you tried grilled food from someone who knows how to use a gas grill, you would change your mind. It is very close to charcoal when done right.
Why have it close to charcoal when you can just have charcoal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back