Medal of Honor FPS Play Video

tunaonrice

T U N A
Aug 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
3749-9360-9397-4189
Found a video fo guy playing the start of the campaign machine.
You can find teh video on youtube or click here

We can see the menu screen and the way the campaign starts.
Looks pretty clean, though the AI is sporadic.

Not bad, although the reticule apparently still floats judging from that video *shrug*. But there's really no way to get rid of that using the Wiimote when you think about it. I would still like a mouse attachment for FPS games, even though the Wiimote is 100x better than what the GC controller did for FPS *shudders thinking about FPS controls on GC*

I'll probably end up renting it to check it out first.

Here's the same guy playing the arcade mode

Both appear to be from E for All last weekend.

budo said:
Not bad, although the reticule apparently still floats judging from that video *shrug*. But there's really no way to get rid of that using the Wiimote when you think about it.

Depends on what you mean by "floats".

Last edited:
I think with practice you can fine tune the way the wiimote shoots. I mean its like point and click just like a gun.
Seeing the gameplay, I think this will be way more fun with people online, especially since the have more AI than the bots.
Can't wait to kick all of your butts come Nov. 13th!

Budo said:
Oh, I just mean that the crosshair isn't fixed to the centre of the screen.

It is possible to design a wiimote game with a fixed crosshair--you can already play PC FPS designed for a mouse with a fixed crosshair with the Wii Remote (via glovepie). You are correct that there doesn't seem to be a developer inclination to do so, and having some range of free aim--or float, seems to be an advantage, though I hate using "look" to control "turn." Personally, I want full control (150* or so) of "my" head with the IR pointer, and total turn and strafe (toggle with c or Z) on the joystick. That setup would allow a completely different run and gun style of gameplay

However, Heroes 2 is unique, in that it allows you to change the range of the area of "free aim", or to put it another way to change the boundaries of the bounding box or dead zone. You can't actually fix the crosshair, but you can tighten the bounding box so tight (one preview said you can make it as small as a quarter) around the center that any deviation of the wiimote is going to be a turn, and you'll only be shooting while you're centered. It's probably more difficult to use at that level of tightness than you think--which is why most games float more than people would like. But if you want it, this game let's you try it.

Back